Feedback on | Teen Ink

Feedback on

By David19 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
David19 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Drew Yeager's piece, "The Value of Money" is a concise piece that has a good lesson. The author talks about how he/she has changed. He/she has started writing about how he/she was always begging his/her parents for money to buy something like a bag of chips. When he/she was 12, he/she heard a message from his/her father saying that Drew could waste all the money he/she wanted when he/she got a job. However, when Drew was a freshman in high school, he/she got a summer job as a life guard. He/she started making more money but trying to spend less. I like Drew's piece since it highlights the different views of money over two to three years.

I get a meager allowance and don't have a summer job and act like Drew when he didn't learn the value of money. I feel like the reason I spent my allowance was since I knew there was no way I could save up. Drew states, "My life has permanently been impacted becaise I know the value of money." All in all, I enjoyed Drew's blend of storytelling as well as explaining his message.