How To Grow Up | Teen Ink

How To Grow Up

May 22, 2019
By xitlaly BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
xitlaly BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
2 articles 5 photos 0 comments

"How To Grow Up" by "Anne" from BC, Canada was a poem that I couldn't completely relate to but understood. It talks of how you can know someone that you absolutely adore and think so highly of yet they are still human and can be someone you never hought they were. This is something that I think about a lot because everyone is their own person with their own thoughts, opinions, beliefs, memories, etc. and I find it fascinating to think about. And it's something that the article touches upon when the main character realizes that her mother (someone she thinks so highly of) is changing and is not the perfect person she thought she was and this changes her perspective of how her mother is only human after all and is changing and isn't how she used to be. I think the message is important because it's easy for people to forget that poeple are their own individuals that go through their own stuff and that there are multiple sides to them. I hope that "How To Grow Up" by "Anne" inspires people to see how people have multiple sides to them and that every one is their own unique person.