Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald | Teen Ink

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

By just-in SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
just-in SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

The movie review of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, by Antony Post, discusses the superb characterization and the exceptional acting of the film. He compares the movie to excellent pieces like the “Star Wars” prequels and “The Hobbit” trilogy, and he mentions how The Crimes of Grindelwald have a diverse and varied array of events and characters. However, I feel like Antony is underestimating the utter chaos and confusion the movie created, and how low of a standard the film has set for the coming sequels.

The plot of the movie was far too thin, and had little to no meaning. When I first watched the movie, I was warned of how confusing and how little sense the film made. There were too many main characters, and there was simply not enough time to emphasize on the story of each one, and quite to the contrary, Antony praises David Yates’ direction of the film. The theme of the movie revolved around character and identity, but was too vague to notice unless it was further analyzed. What I disagreed with the most with Antony’s review was how the film’s ending was an enormous setup for the future of the series. The conclusion of the film was really the most puzzling and clichè plot twists I ever saw. One of the main characters, Credence, who struggles to find his identity throughout the film, is revealed to be a Dumbledore, which meant that he was kin to Grindelwald’s main foe.