The Temptest by Cailan Cordwell | Teen Ink

The Temptest by Cailan Cordwell

By michelleicedo BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
michelleicedo BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

I found Cailan Cordwell's letter, "The Temptest" extremely accurate, as I too agree that high school students are not being well enough prepared for the real life which is college and after that as well. Although I am still a high school student, college is approaching quickly. Along with Cordwell, I also feel as if there should be opportunities for students to firmilarize themselves with the college of their dreams beforehand. Doing things like offering short camp getaways and being able to stay at universities, will allow students to ease their anxiety and decrease stress. Students on their first day of college, freshman year, should not feel nervous, they should have already been prepared for what was to come. I am currently a junior in high school and I wish to be prepared for the day I enter college, I will already feel stressed enough, I do not need the added stress of not being fully mentally prepared because high school did not teach me enough. I thank Cailan Cordwell for sharing personal thoughts and being immensely accurate.