10 Reasons Why Someone Might Consider Suicide | Teen Ink

10 Reasons Why Someone Might Consider Suicide

By courthughess BRONZE, Lexington, Kentucky
courthughess BRONZE, Lexington, Kentucky

What’s the first thing that comes to your mind, when you think about suicide? Either  A sad way to end your life, or ,not so smart is what most people would say. People also question frequently about why that person did what they did. Although suicide is a hard way to end a life, there are some things that people don’t understand about the dark place that person went through. There are many reasons why a person decides to commit suicide. A lot of teens and young adults take their lives, and none of their family members know why they did what they did. Listed below are 10 reasons why a person may have had suicidal thoughts or ended up taking their lives.

Long term pain
People often take their lives based on life term pain as in traumatic situations. That person could have be abused physically in their life-time and couldn’t take it anymore. As well as they didn’t want to remember the situation as they grow, abuse is hard on people, and wares on them mentally, and sometimes physically.

Mental Disabilities
People with disabilities take their lives because they have either been bullied, or made fun of with a disability they were born with. In some cases, people with disabilities end up taking their lives because they feel like they are a burden in people lives. People with disabilities think that they are a burden because people are taking time out of their day to help them, when they could be doing something else. Which is not true, because if a person didn't want to help, that person wouldn’t have been trying to help. Not only, people that are psychotic, people who have voices inside their head, tell themselves to violent things, such as killing themselves.

Bullied
In many cases, young adults, or teenagers take their lives because they feel like they aren't wanted based on what have been said to them. Bullies often put people down, and will point out something that he or she is ashamed of. Yes, that person could report them to someone, but then it would put them in even worse situations because they could end up getting confronted by that person that was doing the bullying Bullying is a major cause of suicidal thoughts or the result. Bullying makes a impact on a person’s life making them self-conscious and depressed.

Other death/losses
If you have lost someone, you understand and know the pain. Some people have loss someone in their life, that meant so much to them. Furthermore, they are mad at the world, and don't understand why their loved one had to go. Couldn't take it anymore, or still couldn’t imagine them here without them, so they decide to end their life, to be with them (if they believed in eternal life). Other deaths are hard on people, and it could have been the only person that made them feel special and wanted.

Stress
Too much stress for a person can lead a person to suicide. Stress can overwhelm a person, and cause a person to go into depression. For example, people with financial issues often become stressed out to the point where they can't handle and don’t want to deal with it. So they decide, to just take their lives because they are tired of the stress and it seems like an easy way out of the stress..

Depression
Depression is huge cause in suicide. People that have depression feel as if they don’t belong on earth, or shouldn’t be here. As well, people that have depression think that there is not escape from being depressed. Often, people that are depressed, keep their thoughts away from others, dont want people knowing, or don’t think that anyone can help them. Like said before, the end up taking their lives because they feel as if they are helpless.

Made a mistake in their lifetime
Others some time end up taking their lives because they have made a mistake, or made a bad decision.  They feel like they won’t be able to live with themselves. The thought of the choice will make them feel depressed, and lonely. They will feel senselessness towards suicide, will be able to take their lives.

Addiction
Like depression, addiction is one of the leading causes in suicide. People with addiction often abuse a drug to either take the edge off or to end a short-term pain. Once a person abuses a drug so often, they will then have a high tolerance towards the drug and will no-longer have the same emotion from when they first started abusing the drug. Also, people that want help and stop their addiction, feel as if they are helpless, and wont be able to stop continuing the substance they are using to make them feel the “high” affect. Those people tend to think that death is the only way to discontinue their abusive drug use, and end up committing suicide.

Social Isolation
Being Social, or having others to be around and talk to  is a big impact on our lives. People that tend to be socially isolated are lonely. Living in the situation of feeling or being lonely influences your thoughts. Often, people become negative, have low energy, mental health conditions, and so forth. Once a person start thinking and being negative, and etc, it will slowly will lead a person to killing themselves as an escape towards their isolation.

Philosophical Desire
People that have a philosophical desire to die, feel like they have no reason to live or why are they even living. Having that philosophical desire to die has the tendency to be difficult to get over. In some cases, it can lead to one of the other reasons such as depression, and loneliness. Once that desire becomes really aggressive, suicide is often thought of. Suicide for this is used for a short way to die, and is used as a way to stop reasoning with themselves of the matter of do their lives matter.

Suicide is a hard, and shouldn’t be a way a person has to go. So many people suffer with these reasons, along with the thought of suicide. If you think anyone is having thoughts of suicide, give them the help they need. People shouldn’t suffer, and have thoughts like that. It is important for the person to know that pain is a part of life, everyone goes through some type of form. You as well need to state that they are important, so they don't
feel the lonely, or depressed. Talk to that person, write the person a letter. Schedule a date with them, like once a month, make them feel needed After all, you could be the one that saved someone's child, friend, and family member.

I have had friends thats either considered suicide and as well done it. It's hard to listen to other people talk about and say stupid things such as "that's so stupid" and as well as "they just wanted attention". I created this piece to answer peoples questionings.