High School Love | Teen Ink

High School Love

You're young, it's your freshman year and you are dating someone you wish to be with forever. Then, you meet someone else, someone who's tall and older. Someone not in your grade, they're a junior. You like them, but you are in a one sided relationship, giving your all in it. Then they break up with you and you're crushed. Months, you mourn the "loss" of your last love. Then, you find a rebound. Then you two break up. Then you find another, a childhood friend you haven't seen in years. He's a charmer, a romantic, a beauty, and..younger than you. It's not a bad thing. He was cute, funny, and a gentleman, and I wish to see him again...It's been two years. Then he moved back after our reunion to Colorado. So, we broke up. Then you return to the boy you liked in the beginning, while being in a relationship. There was no chance he would like you, you think to yourself. But, you ask him to the valentine's dance anyways. Because you like him, soon after you get together. Months go by, you are happy somehow. Then, everything turned all around. The "honeymoon phase" ended. There was no more excitement, surprises, inside jokes, etc. There was nothing. He grew cold and more broken. He took it out on you. You thought he was just in one of his moods and brushed it off to friends and family. Saying you were okay and nothing was hurting. As you cried yourself to sleep, night after night thinking one day you'll be happy with him again. That day never came... Jealousy took over, a demon it is, both of you. He pushed you, physically and emotionally to your limits you couldn't defeat. This is not love, my beauties. This is abuse.