Eagle Creek Forest Fire Update

This is the news on how the forset fire started!

"I saw this shorter kid lob this smoke bomb down into the canyon," FitzGerald told The Oregonian/OregonLive. "I was probably 4 feet away from him. I said, 'Do you realize how dangerous this is? There's a raging forest fire up the trail. This place is so dry.'" Oregon Public Broadcasting originally reported the witness account.

Early Tuesday, only emergency vehicles occupied I-84, kicking up ash and dust as they traveled along the closed stretch of highway. The first flames visible from the interstate, heading east, were just before the Bridal Veil exit. They burned just south of the railroad tracks along Interstate 84 east.

Thick smoke has made air support all but impossible, an officer said.

"You can't see the ridgetops," people say.

About 400 residences were under mandatory evacuation notices in east Multnomah County. About 280 structures, mostly homes, also were ordered evacuated in Hood River County.

Firefighters from agencies across the region are helping to battle the fire, along with those from the U.S. Forest Service and the Oregon Department of Forestry.

The Portland area, meanwhile, saw up to an inch of ash from the fires. Ash falls in Portland metro area as Eagle Creek Fire rages to the east.

An air quality alert for northwest Oregon was in effect throughout Tuesday, with "unhealthy levels" from the heat and smoke, officials say on the news. 

Its very sad.. I know a friend who had to get evacuated because of how hard the smoke was surrounding her house.

<3  Stay Safe my Friends <3

-Love May-

-MayFlower- said...
Sep. 15 at 7:06 pm
I do, German, Spanish Hólá Ćhíćka

Amanderr said...
Sep. 15 at 6:56 pm
:) do you speak a diff langue!

Amanderr said...
Sep. 15 at 6:56 pm
love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it llllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeee IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT

-MayFlower- said...
Sep. 15 at 6:38 pm
Yea alittle I refered to it. But that's it and thanks @xCatherinex for telling people about my posts!

PPicturePerfectt said...
Sep. 12 at 11:57 pm
Good detail did you go to the news article that you have to buy?

PPicturePerfectt said...
Sep. 12 at 11:57 pm
@xCatherinex @-MayFlower- I'll go over and check out the other post Rn!

xCatherinex said...
Sep. 12 at 11:46 pm
Hey everyone go check out May's peek into her almost published book it's super good!

-MayFlower- said...
Sep. 8 at 7:04 pm
I have posted another one and it is being approved by the editors! :) it's a sneak peek into the book I'm getting published.

-Kayla- said...
Sep. 7 at 11:46 pm
I have a question, when will you post another Article that I can read? I love all the detail in this and I'm learning from all your work on how to write! @Nerd_Girl same!

-MayFlower- said...
Sep. 7 at 7:14 pm
Oh yea I mean I can try but it really just about having an idea come to mind and brain storming... And @NickolodianXD your welcome and it is pretty crazy not gonna lie.

Nerd_Girl said...
Sep. 7 at 7:12 pm
My question is if you could teach me how to post good stuff like yours, ^-^

NickolodianXD said...
Sep. 7 at 7:10 pm
Thanks for the update! I just read it and wow I mean how crazy is this?

-MayFlower- said...
Sep. 7 at 7:07 pm
I do whats up?

Nerd_Girl said...
Sep. 7 at 7:06 pm
Hey May do you answer questions?

>>Mia<< said...
Sep. 7 at 5:23 pm
else* I meant

>>Mia<< said...
Sep. 7 at 5:23 pm
Like everybody ele said thanks for posting this!

Andy_The_Handyman said...
Sep. 7 at 5:17 pm
good job! I would buy a thousand copies of this if it got published in the magazine!

CarlsJr.com- said...
Sep. 7 at 5:11 pm
I know how you feel May and cute name!

_Nick_ said...
Sep. 7 at 5:08 pm
@Nerd_Girl same as well!

_Nick_ said...
Sep. 7 at 5:07 pm
Wow its super dangerous out there for some people!