Dealing with Depression | Teen Ink

Dealing with Depression

April 27, 2017
By Guadaaalupe SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Guadaaalupe SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

At this moment a lot of people are dealing with depression. There's always a reason why people feel this way. People always think that someone who has depression is always sad and crying but it's not that way. People who deal with this horrible mental consistían don't always seem to be sad. In some occasions they seem to have a pretty good life but it's when they're alone that they feel the worst.

For someone who deals with this is very hard to get back to normal life. They lose interest in their previous activities and their mood changes a lot. They have anxiety, feel guilt, they feel hopelessness. They either sleep a lot or get insomnia. This is very sad because a person who used to have a happy and normal life is now feeling like their life is the worst.

I think that if people knew more about this they would be able to be more helpful. A person with depression should be getting all the help they can. Sometimes this is not possible because they don't tell right away how they feel. This is a problem because when someone doesn't say how they feel they can have thoughts of suicide.

It's so scary and sad that a person who doesn't receive the help they need they decide to end with their lives and end up killing themselves. When something like this happens, their relatives and friends feel guilty because they didn't helped them.

I think that it's very important that if you know someone who is dealing with depression, you should try to help them. If you notice the symptoms of their mood changing or if they have anxiety or lack of concentration try to do something and help them. Try to understand them and don't get upset with them. Don't wait until the last minute to help because it might be too late.