Blink: the power of thinking without thinking | Teen Ink

Blink: the power of thinking without thinking

February 9, 2009
By Mostafa Barri BRONZE, Plano, Texas
Mostafa Barri BRONZE, Plano, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever met a new person and knew in an instinct whether you will like that person or not or feel like you know that persons personality and can make judgment about that person. Malcolm Gladwell uses this mysterious phenomenon as his basis of research. Using his unique style of writing Gladwell is able to explain magnificently about the wonders of thin-slicing and other topics that help further our understanding of the unconscious. Using real life examples in his book Gladwell uses extraordinary detail on all of his findings to further his reasoning's of the interesting concept of the blink. His book is praised by many people and news papers such as the New York Times, Washington Post, and Wall Street Journal. It is very easy to get hooked on to the book and you will not be able to put it down until you've read the last page but even then you will still want more. In one of his best works to date, if you are deciding on a book to read in your spare time then look no more because 'Blink' will satisfy your thirst for knowledge no matter what kind of person you are.