Stess | Teen Ink

Stess

January 12, 2009
By Anonymous

Stress is a factor at school for most high school students. It can cause focus problems and make your grades start to slip. When this happens I can be a very excruciating process to get your grades back up and your mind focused on school. The guys want to be the ubiquitous teens that know everything and are always in the cool spots. High school is to fast for you to try and get everything that is happening around you, so try to take a step back and worry about what is going on with your life not everyone else’s.

For guys that play sports stress can be caused by worrying about whether or not you’re going to play. The guys get fretful the coach doesn’t like them or one mistake will ruin all there chances to ever see the field. Instead of worrying about the coach just forget about it and play the sport you love to play to you best ability and if you are talented the coach will see that.

Guys with girlfriends in high school also find stress from their relationships. They try to deal with school work, sports, and impressing a girl. It’s too much for one teen to handle. During times like this you need to be a big enough man to tell you girlfriend that you might need some nights alone to work on homework or get some extra rest. It will help you overcome you stress. But if your girlfriend only wants to be a thwart in your simply request to help you out, she isn’t the right girl for you.
•
Try to finish all of you school work at school, to have time at home doing what you want
•
Don’t fall behind in school because it is always harder to make things up
•
Let only the important things bother you
•
Don’t get involved in high school drama
•
Take a daily respite to ease your mind
•
Play your sport the best way you know how to
•
At home take time to relax and let your mind be clear
•
Do not let girls get in the way
•
Avoid friends that want to be malignant to your success
•
Have fun
High school is too short to get stress out about. It is a time to have fun and be a teenager with your friends. If you find yourself becoming stressful try and go to a remote place and forget about things. Try to become a harbinger and think about the good you can do and success you can have if you stay focused. Do not succumb to stress because it will only affect the way you work in school and your attitude towards life.