#Eat vs #Starve | Teen Ink

#Eat vs #Starve

By Tasia Santos-Frame BRONZE, Wailuku, Hawaii
Tasia Santos-Frame BRONZE, Wailuku, Hawaii

#Eat

It takes unhealthy, starving girls to look like models on T.V. or in magazines. That is a situation no one should be in. These types of ads should be out lawed.

The first thing I see when I open every magazine is at least one skinny model. These skinny models I see is just putting a face for the picture and the photographer, but inside they are probably starving. On www.modeladvice.com I found that model sizes are strict. Heights are 5'8'', 5'9'' to 5'11''. With outer fringe being 5'8'' to 6''. Your weight needs to be 108 lbs to 130 lbs. The same website also says “They love size zero.”

Many girls now days are looking up to many models, these girls focus on mainly these models bodies that are in magazine ads. These girls get so caught up up in trying to look like starving models they end up with an eating disorder called Anorexia. On www.waldenbehavioralcare.com studies show, “More than 1,000 women are annually dying from Anorexia.” More studies show on this same website that “1% of women and adolescent girls have Anorexia.”

Some would argue, like on www.cbsnews.com “Plus size models are less effective than those that use thin models.” In response I would say, that even average sized people to you would be called “fat” and not everyone is size zero. Im sure there are more average sized girls than girls who are size zero. I would also state that before there was thin models there was healthy thick girls.