unhealthy foods. | Teen Ink

unhealthy foods.

April 27, 2013
By JohnWelsh. SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland
JohnWelsh. SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"


A lot of foods are being passed off as healthy, but guess what they are not really healthy.

I am sure that you have seen some of those tv shows that advertise those vitamin waters or energy drinks. Well while a vitamin water may have a few vitamins in it it's still unhealthy.

However there are foods that people know are unhealthy and eat anyway, and I believe it's ok to eat unhealthy stuff once and a while but eating a whole tub of ice cream in a hour Is not good.


I think it's good to follow My plate, have a good amount of protein, dairy,grain,vegetables, and fruits.


It's also very good if you can to grow your own food because it's very natural! However starting a garden and growing your own stuff is hard If you don't have the time.

Now I know it's your body and you can do what you want with it but I think that everyone should know about unhealthy foods and foods being passed off as healthy that really aren't.


Here's an interesting fact, did you know the Amish grow and make there own food and drink raw cows milk and guess what ? they live longer then us some are said to be immune to allergies!

While McDonald's may be good once and a while, nothing is better with a home cooked meal that has all of the things listed on My Plate.


The author's comments:
I really wanted to talk about unhealthy foods and get the word out.