ADHD AWARENESS | Teen Ink

ADHD AWARENESS

By Annaklusmos BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Annaklusmos BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

"Make it work." - Tim Gunn, Project runway,

September is ADHD awareness month! The awareness ribbon for ADHD is purple. ADHD means attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. People who have this know its real and not a joke. ADHD can make it very hard to sit still and pay attention to things. It’s a bit like a sugar rush without the crash at the end. While it sounds cool, and it is sometimes, a lot of kids like me who have ADHD get picked on in school or get in trouble with teachers who don’t understand why they are different. A lot of times ADHD kids find themselves saying things they don’t mean to or doing things without really stopping to think about it first.

ADHD isn’t all bad though. We can do a lot of things others can’t! All that boundless energy comes in handy for things like running races and cramming for a test. A lot of ADHD kids are really creative and you probably know a lot of them. There are a lot of famous people with ADHD.

Albert Einstein, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michal Jordan, Ty Pennington, Elvis Presley, Robin Williams, and Will smith all have it! and this is only a few! there are a lot more!

AHDH is real! So take some initiative! Go spread the word about ADHD awareness month! You may know people who have ADHD too!

I am trying to spread the word about ADHD awareness! I have it and a lot of my family and friends do too! Please help me spread the word! and leave a comment if you or someone you know has ADHD, or if you have any feedback!

SomeoneMagical PLATINUM, Durham, New Hampshire
Great article. I have a couple people with ADHD in my class this year and wanted to learn more about it. I myself don't have it but it's good that you're spreading awareness :)

pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas
I think this could be improved by combining sentences. Reading this, there are a lot of short, choppy sentences, and it doesn't flow very well. Try using comma-contractions and semicolons in a few places. :)

Annaklusmos BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

thanks so much!

on Sep. 26 2011 at 5:10 am
RumMonkey BRONZE, Sunny Side Somewhere, Other

"I dream I'm on the surface of my own life, watching it unfold."

It sucks to have ADD at times, and then it rocks on other days:) Well-written article!