Health Benefits of Green Tea | Teen Ink

Health Benefits of Green Tea

By Jacob59 BRONZE, Greeley, Colorado
Jacob59 BRONZE, Greeley, Colorado

"I love it when it rains, because no one can tell when you cry."-Me (it is part of a poem that i wrote

Green tea is known to have many health benefits. The Chinese people have known about these benefits since times long ago. In Nadine Taylor’s Green Tea: The Natural Secret for a Healthier Life she stated that Green Tea has been used for its medicinal properties for nearly 4,000 years. Many studies are being made to show the benefits of drinking Green Tea. “Researchers have discovered that drinking a cup of green tea daily will boost your metabolism from 8 to 14 percent.” ¹ Hey, if you do that, you will be able to lose weight better and with more ease. That is something good to know, since a recent study has shown that 68% of all Americans are over weight. Green Tea also has great potential to fight heart disease. Not only that but cancer as well. It can also lower cholesterol, help prevent stroke and diabetes. Green Tea contains powerful antioxidants. They clean things out of your system that can damage you DNA, cause blood clots and cancer. Green Tea is very helpful because it is rich in vitamins that the body tends to lack or have little of. The leaves of the Green Tea plant can also be used in cooking. Not only does it liven up you food and taste delicious, but it also creates healthier meal choices that are great for you body.

¹- quote form- http://www.benefitsofgreentea.info/

This is an article about the Health Benefits to drinking Green Tea.