Impact of Social Media on Young Generation | Teen Ink

Impact of Social Media on Young Generation

By PowerPaws GOLD, Gampaha, Other
PowerPaws GOLD, Gampaha, Other

“If I'm going to die, I'd like to actually live first.” ― Rachael Lippincott

"I wanna live."

"Don't forget where you belong"

“If we could only have this life for one more day. If we could only turn back time. You know I'll be your life, your voice, your reason to be." - One Direction

“Always be yourself" - Little Mix

“Everyone in this world is breathing borrowed air.” - Five Feet Apart

“If this year has taught me anything, it's that grief can destroy a person.”

“Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.”

“I would always rather be happy than dignified." - Jane Eyre

“There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.”

“Baby you light up my world like nobody else."

"Futures don't make themselves, you have to create them."

"Don't assume the answer is no before you ask the question."

At present, Social Media has become a more prominent topic in society.
What are known as, Social Media and Social Media Influence? Websites and software programmes which are used for Social networking and Communication with people who share your interests using a website or other service on the internet respectively.
A person who has established credibility in a specific industry has access to a huge audience and can persuade others to act based on their recommendations is known as a Social Media Influencer.

Beneficial effects of Social media on youth
Truthfully, are there any positive impacts of social media? Of course! There are huge number of pros properties of Social Media. For instance, we use social media to stay in touch with our relatives, belongings and loved ones. To educate ourselves, can share our expertise, we can Increase visibility, Use Social Media to spread awareness about various topics and can increase customer and audience interaction.

Adverse effects of Social Media on Youth
These negative effects of social media can not be ignored. Drug Addiction is one of the biggest, but less talked topic due to excessive usage of social media. Researches found that 70% of 2000 adolescents use social media on any given day and compared to non-users or infrequent users of social media, they use Five times more likely to buy cigarettes Three times more likely to drink alcohol and Two times as likely to use marijuana. On the other hand, Teens and young generations get more addicted to celebrities and gossips revolving around famous people on the internet. In addition, Cyberbullying has become a major problem in society and this causes kids to be excluded and hated at schools, often feel alone and isolated, have mental health issues, increased stress and anxiety, depression, acting out violently, and low self-esteem. Moreover, students tend to distract from their studies and waste time on unnecessary sites, checking, commenting and liking on others’ social media accounts, trying to take pictures that impress themselves to gain likes. Most importantly, young people tend to make new relationships with strangers via social media and most of these mistakes leads teens to suicide etc.

What can we do to prevent these and more destructive effects of Social Media?
Quit Social media and get used to alternatives to technology. Use social media in a good manner and set a timer. Follow the accounts/friends that add value on social media and implement a Social Media free day each week.

Put yourself first and don’t be a slave to social media. Have a self Respect! :)
Good Luck!

Hii!! 

Hope you enjoy this article. Please mention if you spot any mistakes. It’d be a huge help for me ✨

Safeguard yourself and others too…

Love, 

PowerPaws