Beautiful how you are | Teen Ink

Beautiful how you are

June 1, 2021
By Violet18 GOLD, Houston, Texas
Violet18 GOLD, Houston, Texas
15 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes there is a fire that burns within. Unable to be put out, it brings sadness and tears, but those tears are what is able to put the fire out"


You are constantly judged and picked on. You are told you should die. You are told you are ugly and fat or too skinny. You see people post pictures of you with endless comments that eat away at your sanity.

You look in the mirror and think, why am I so fat? Why am I so skinny? You barely eat but you are as skinny as a rail. You barely eat but you are more beautiful than you think. People ask you how much you eat, or if you even eat at all. 

You get to the table and chase the chicken around your plate. If you eat any food, it's a trip to the bathroom. It's the 4th time you've brushed your teeth today. 

You will starve for days if you have even the smallest roll of fat on your body. You stand on the scale too many times to count. You are willing to do anything to have even a glimpse of the body you think is perfect.

Is it really worth it? Is all of that really worth it? Because you are beautiful no matter what they say. Your thin body will help you run an extra mile. Your thick body will help you win the swimming competition.

You may not believe me but you will someday. Starving yourself isn't worth it. None of these things you do to please other people are worth it. Those bullies need to figure out their own crap and what to do with their lives and you should too. You never know, you could get in a crash or a fire tomorrow and all you spent your life doing was trying to chase a fantasy. 

So make the most of today. Dance like nobody's watching. Smile at someone and make their day. Listen to your favorite song. Wear your favorite dress or shirt. Cut your hair. Come out to who you can. Cut your hair how you want it. Be yourself no matter what.

Because trust me, If you think you are fat, someone is feeling the same way because they think they are too skinny. If you think you are too skinny, someone is feeling the same way because they think they are too fat. So what difference does it make? Make the most of today, because you will thank yourself in the end.


The author's comments:

I really hope this can help someone because it is absolutely true.