Teen Smoking Who Is Responsible | Teen Ink

Teen Smoking Who Is Responsible

By Joey BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Joey BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Imagine owning a company that’s getting so much backlash that you decide to quit. That’s what the CEO of JUUL did. Across the world there have been at least 15 deaths, over 400 states vape, and over 800 cases of lung disease thanks to vaping. It was supposed to be “better than cigarettes”. But have turned out to be even worse.  
       The companies of JUUL say that their products are meant for adults, but their billboards and ads are contradicting them by showing teens vaping. Vaping is supposed to be better than smoking, but did you know 1 JUUL pod=20 cigarettes. To make matters even worse teens are doing a new thing called the JUUL pod challenge where you smoke a whole JUUL pod as fast as you can. 
     In conclusion you should not vape until scientists learn more about It. Or you should just not smoke all together. And kids should make less dangerous challenges. This is really important because we have to reduce the deaths and cases of lung disease. Finally, together we can write to people of our government to change the laws to ban vaping and to protect our health.