Leave Us Alone! | Teen Ink

Leave Us Alone!

By aknoll PLATINUM, Conrath, Wisconsin
aknoll PLATINUM, Conrath, Wisconsin

I strongly disagree with vaccines, I know so many people use them, and thats fine. I don't want to start a fight, I simply want to state my opinions, and the facts I back them with. Also reasons why people shouldn't have to vaccinate their kids. Read on;

Many church groups recognize the need to keep people from getting sick, and prevent the spread of illnesses. However, most try to do so without vaccines. Churches try to use herbal and natural resources to prevent sickness rather then depending on unnatural medicines made by man.  The Catholic church (for example) recognizes the need to protect the community. However, promotes alternative ways of staying healthy then getting vaccines. (Information provided from the history of vaccines by the college of physicians of philadelphia)

Vaccines cost an average of 139 U.S. dollars. The highest priced vaccine can get up to $300 per dosage! However, the cheapest vaccine costs around 20 U.S. dollars per dosage. Without insurance, it's around 160 U.S. dollars, but some insurance companies might cover all of it.
Currently prices are skyrocketing. “It’s expensive in part because it’s a very effective vaccine,” he said. “And also because they’re exploiting their monopoly.”

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." The first amendment, (American government online textbook) one of the amendments that we as americans live by that states that the government will make no law to demolish the right to practice religion as a person chooses. As some religions may believe it is a good thing to be vaccinated and some may not. “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.” Common interpretation of the ninth amendment by  Randy E. Barnett (professor of legal theory) and Louis Michael Seidman (professor of constitutional law). Such as the  right to not be vaccinated if one chooses so and the right to be vaccinated if one chooses to.

So in conclusion, anit-vacs are not nuts. The point of this short article is not to start a debate, or anger people, it is simply to try to get people to stop critizizing anti-vacs. Go ahead keep getting vaccinated if you want, but don't make us. 

Thank you for reading. 

I'm not trying to fight, I just want people to stop treating anti-vacs like they are crazy because we aren't