Animals Coexist | Teen Ink

Animals Coexist

June 18, 2017
By prachigupta_7 PLATINUM, Thane, Other
prachigupta_7 PLATINUM, Thane, Other
25 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
What you seek is seeking you!


Each one of us has a personal responsibility to our planet. We have this one planet and it's time we stop taking it for granted. Anthony Douglas Williams says "The earth is large enough for all of us to share, but mankind's heart is not large enough to care." That's true. We must learn to coexist. Animals have no voice of their own, so we should take up for them as well.

"Our purpose is simple - to love.

To love each other, to love all life,

And to love our earth."

When humans act with cruelty we characterize them as 'animals', yet the only animal that displays cruelty is humanity. Humans are inimical to animals and to our planet. Each year more than 100 million animals are killed in laboratories for biology lessons, medical training, curiosity driven experimentations and chemical, drug, food and cosmetics testing. What is the use of such cosmetics that are hostile to animals? What is the pleasure we get by improving our appearance in a vicious manner? To keep humans safe from hypoallergenic properties of products animals are harmed and even killed! In vain is such beauty and such beauty aids. Humans are no less than monsters today. Some animal headliners below from the past months will drop your jaw and blow your mind! 

1. A teen microwaved her pet turtle to death!

2. Lucky, a pet dog was stabbed to death by a man as it tried to        protect it's owner.

3. Shocking moment Indian cobra regurgitates PLASTIC BOTTLE!

It were these animal headliners these months, that instigated me to write up for them. And the point is, it is not that there aren't any alternative, especially when it comes to animal testing. There are ways we can avoid animals for experimentation which includes? stem cell and genetic testing methods and many more. Medical sciences need to advance in its ways to conduct experiments. Grace Silk, animal activist, says "Using animals to extrapolate information for humans is a stupid science." According to PETA INDIA countless animals are burned, blinded, cut open, poisoned, starved and drugged behind closed laboratory doors. Vivisection is the practice of experimenting on live animals. 80% of? the laboratory animals are not protected by the Animal Welfare Act.

I am writing not only to raise awareness, but urging you to take action too. So how are you going to make a difference? Let's pledge to be responsible citizens and responsible pet parents. Let's start making smarter choices, because at the end of the day they impact more than just our lives. Small steps such as using less plastic and keeping our local surroundings, beaches clean will go a long way in saving the endangered species. Only we have the power to create the world we want. You are never too young or too old to do your bit.  Bollywood actress Jacqueline Fernandez have recently signed a 'No Animal Testing' petition and the young and charming Alia Bhatt has started with an innovative program 'COEXIST.' Let's support Alia Bhatt for her initiative so that man lives in harmony with animals and nature.

"Animals are here with us, not for us." A small step in the right direction can make a big difference. Start now before it's too late.


The author's comments:

I love animals and if there is something I feel I can actually fight for, is animals. I am very emotional and sensitive towards them. I want researchers? to change their ways. It might take time but I know it will happen at some point.