Nature | Teen Ink

Nature

By Teagan_Josephson GOLD, Conifer, Colorado
Teagan_Josephson GOLD, Conifer, Colorado

“Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.”

The landscape that makes ones ambience can, in it's own demeanor, say more about a person than words can. To chose to be solitude, requires an immense mental effort. Why? might their companions cry. Why would they chose to look upon the heavenly sky when such entertainment lies behind them.Why, do the stars offer more ecstasy than the simple pleasure of companionship? Is the idea of solitude a more elementary idea, and therefore a more blissful experience. Does this unusual craving create a retrospective for those do not enjoy the omniscient world. How I wonder! Do they wish to enjoy such sublime, do they wish to exclude themselves to these fickle and manifold places? Do they oft desire to leave their frivolous

internal battles and leave to the somber countryside in an attempt to open their minds to the tranquil influence. Do they not know that on even the most simple confrontation with this vast and complex system makes them an instant devotee to the whole element. They must wish to abnegate and abjure.They must! Could they be so foolish to not allow nature to perform it's ablution on the mind that it does all too often. It's influence the ultimatum and furthermore arbiter of the disputes of the human thought. Enjoy this place before it has passed.

This, came to me when my teacher gave me: Nature by Ralph Waldo Emmerson. Inspired I couldnt help make the most challenging essay yet.