What Schools Should Do To Promote Enviromental Awareness | Teen Ink

What Schools Should Do To Promote Enviromental Awareness

May 30, 2010
By LaughingGirl GOLD, Ocala, Florida
LaughingGirl GOLD, Ocala, Florida
13 articles 0 photos 49 comments

Favorite Quote:
Play the music not the instrument. -Author Unknown


While I am being preeched by my life science teacher about enviromental awareness, I realize everything the teacher is saying is hypocritical. "Reduce, reuse, recycle!" the teacher lectures on. But what is America doing for our fragile enviroment, and schools is paticular?
From the opinion of a right-minded person, visual examples are important. So, I'm a firm believer in the idea that to promote enviromental awareness and to act accordingly, our elders (teachers and school staff in particular) should be an example to us. You can't deny that the enviroment needs care, even if you don't believe in Global Warming and the Greenhouse Effect. Just step outside in Beijing, China, and breathe in everything EXCEPT the precious oxygen. That is just one example. It's so easy to find a recycling program in your area, especially if you live in a city, and recycling at your school shouldn't be a challenging task. Teens need to spread the message of Enviromental Awareness, then need to act on it, starting with the school. After all, education is important!