What Schools Should Do To Promote Enviromental Awareness | Teen Ink

What Schools Should Do To Promote Enviromental Awareness

By LaughingGirl GOLD, Ocala, Florida
LaughingGirl GOLD, Ocala, Florida

Play the music not the instrument. -Author Unknown

While I am being preeched by my life science teacher about enviromental awareness, I realize everything the teacher is saying is hypocritical. "Reduce, reuse, recycle!" the teacher lectures on. But what is America doing for our fragile enviroment, and schools is paticular?
From the opinion of a right-minded person, visual examples are important. So, I'm a firm believer in the idea that to promote enviromental awareness and to act accordingly, our elders (teachers and school staff in particular) should be an example to us. You can't deny that the enviroment needs care, even if you don't believe in Global Warming and the Greenhouse Effect. Just step outside in Beijing, China, and breathe in everything EXCEPT the precious oxygen. That is just one example. It's so easy to find a recycling program in your area, especially if you live in a city, and recycling at your school shouldn't be a challenging task. Teens need to spread the message of Enviromental Awareness, then need to act on it, starting with the school. After all, education is important!

on Jun. 21 2010 at 11:46 am
ashbadash BRONZE, Ocala, Florida

Friends are like glue, they always stick by your side.

I agree with you 100% ColdplayOwl. How are us teens and children supposed to know what to do right off the bat if we don't have examples leading us down the right paths? I love ur article, by the way.