OP-ED: Gun Violence Around the World | Teen Ink

OP-ED: Gun Violence Around the World

May 23, 2019
By Anonymous

Gun Violence  in the U.S  happens daily  and nobody really  seems to care or try  to stop it. People used  to actually care but it got  so common so now nobody really seems  to notice and everyone’s used to it . Sadly almost Everyday  there’s a report on gun violence in the bay area.


According  to, OP-ED: Tragedy In Oakland and Oregon, By the post new group,  there should be a ban on firearms that are used for killing  a big group of people because there would be less attempts/reports  of mass shootings like school shootings, shootings at concerts, big places,  etc.


There  should be  a ban on limiting  the amount of firearms  sold in the bay area because  if there’s less firearm there’s  less violence. It is the most populated  in the U.S because the laws in other states  are actually reasonable and good and not as disappointing  and poorly thought out.


Homicides  have commonly  come from males . Males  are also more likely to  commit suicide and females are  more likely to attempt but not  commit. It is usually males who are  around 19-24 years old. And females who  are around the same age.

There is people who think gun laws in the U.S should stay the same but I personally think they should changes and there should be more Bans because that’s going to make a change and help make Oakland less violent. So Therefore Oakland gun violence has to change and we can make the change but we have to try and put in effort.