Village Volunteering | Teen Ink

Village Volunteering

Volunteering, forgetting temporarily about your own needs and personal desires and working for another person or a cause, is a wonderful experience. I found that volunteering at a Retirement Community led to even greater things for me. Through volunteering at the Village, the local retirement community, I met inspirational people that I will strive to be like in the future. The residents showed me a different aspect of life, one that was very removed from the daily struggles and pressures of being a teenager. Through them, I learned what it is like to live in the twilight of your life. They have lived long lives and gained wisdom and knowledge which they shared with me. I think they are unaware of the example they set for me and all that they taught me. They taught me how to live a long life gracefully, life that can be filled with humor, wisdom and knowledge!

SteelersSPB said...
on Jan. 14 2009 at 2:08 am
Thank you for sharing your great experience. I realized i should do more outdoor activities like you, especially help other who need. It is also great to learn from them, and i think it's much valuable.

Thank you for sharing again:)