How Bullying Is Affecting Kids in Schools | Teen Ink

How Bullying Is Affecting Kids in Schools

May 25, 2018
By Mfrezza123123 BRONZE, Airmont, New York
Mfrezza123123 BRONZE, Airmont, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Bullying is something that has been around for a long time and Many lives have been lost or negatively affected because of bullying. We will never be able to completely eliminate bullying, but we can try our best to bring it to a minimum. We can do this by sticking up for anyone that we see that may by getting bullied. Bullying should be brought to the eyes of everyone in the world to help minimize bullying as much as possible to positively impact young people’s lives.


There are many articles written to help support that bullying causes people to kill themselves or injure themselves. An example is  “School Bullying Is Related to Mental Illness and Suicide”. This article explains how bullies bully people, why they bully other people, and the effect of bullying. It says that “bullies bully other people because they want to take their anger out on someone else or because they want to hide something from other people.”And they bully by repeatedly criticizing other people and making them feel less then they really are. The effect is that the people can develop a mental illness and then then they can harm themselves or bully someone else. And this happens because the bystanders are scared of doing something because they feel like they will by harmed too. This could be solved by creating programs that are mandatory for every single person would have to attend. And this would help stop bullying because there would be much more people aware of bullying and not just students in school because bullying starts in school but it also leads to out of school.


Another scourge source?that was written about bullying was “Bullying Means Schools Are Not Safe”. This article states most of the same things that the previous article states, but it also states how teachers and students are not feeling safe in the environment that they are in. And this is making school principals and officials say that schools are not safe because of what the bullies are doing, and if we could come together and help fight this then the principals wouldn’t think that school is not safe.  Since the students and the teachers don’t feel safe in their environment, then they are not willing to do or say anything if they see something. Also,so if we can help people feel  safer where they live, then that could help reduce bullying in many places, especially schools.


Those are some of the reasons that bullying happens. If those reasons can be completely eliminated, then bullying could be minimized then people and kids can by safer and feel safer wherever they go. And that could lead to less tragedies because of bullying.


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece because I want to make a difference in the experience of students in schools. And I also want everyone to feel safe in schools.