Constrain Me | Teen Ink

Constrain Me

October 21, 2014
By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
92 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."


Glass and iron bars hold me tightly inside this cage. I walk this tiny room and feel the longing tug for a hug, for a embrace. But I'm constrained within the walls of this tiny house, tiny room. This prison. I've been locked away from the world but my fears, and my feelings blind me from doing what's right. It hinders me, slows me down so much that I can do nothing but huddle within the corners of this room. There are no hero's here, only villains. I'm waiting for that hopeless light to break the surface of these thick walls and take me home.

I want to be free. Allow me to hurdle myself from the cold floor into the sky and fly away. But the bad guys pull at me, breaking my bones mentally until I have nothing to do with myself. Until I feel useless and cry. My cry is silent and muffled by these villains. Where is my hero, where is my rock? Someone to pull me from underneith these harsh waves.

There will be a confrontation. There will be a final, fatal battle between darkness and light, and along will come a victor. Someone who will hold light within their hands and create a new world. With love, life, and compassion.

Or chaos.


The author's comments:

A constrained victim and a powerful bully.