bullying: yes or no | Teen Ink

bullying: yes or no

February 9, 2013
By Taymmc SILVER, Bellevue, Ohio
Taymmc SILVER, Bellevue, Ohio
7 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
There is no sinner like a young saint; Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream-Edgar Allen Poe; Out of the deep depths of misfortune comes bliss; The only way to cope with change is to place youself into the change.


A child undergoes various situations in is life before evolving as an adult. Confrontations surface while playing with mates. Teasing may also be associated. But this is not the matter of concern.
Teasing, fighting, confrontations are all part and parcel of growing years. The situation gets tedious when it takes an ugly turn. Like tormenting, abusing verbally or intentionally trying to threaten the younger or the weaker child. It is called as bullying if repeated over and again with an intention to hurt. It can be verbal, physical or psychological in nature. It can range from calling names to spreading rumours or even extorting money or other treasured possessions.
Bullying behaviour is seen all over the world and almost in all sections of society. It might start at an age as early as preschool and might intensify in the transitional teenager years. There can be various reasons behind this kind of aggressive behaviour. Often the victim is shy and introvert and weak in built as compared to bully. On the other hand, bullying is a behaviour which does not necessarily demand a great built.
A bully tries to attract the attention of others in a negative manner. It can be correlated with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Similarly children coming from aggressive or disturbed family background showcase the bullying behaviour. Sometimes bullies just gives around what they have been through as retaliation. The affected child is most of the times submissive and docile in nature
It is extremely hard to identify if the child is facing bullying at school or community. Generally the affected children don’t talk with their parents about the incidences. They are either too scared or feel embarrassed to admit such behaviour happening to them. But parents might notice a quite withdrawal of the children from daily situations. The kid may repeatedly complain of false aches and avoid going school.
Point being: DO NOT BULLY!!!!!!!


The author's comments:
PlEaSe ReAd ThIs