Stand Up | TeenInk

Stand Up

By Bluekit GOLD, Rockton, Illinois
Bluekit GOLD, Rockton, Illinois

"Unicorns and glitter!" -Flo

Bullying. A word almost every kid dreads. They dread being the outcast. The reject. The person everyone bullies. The loner. Not being good enough or not meeting someone’s standards. Some dread it so much, they take their own lives. A tragic way to die.
If only the teachers had seen it sooner. If only the parents knew. If only the victim spoke up.
Statistics show in 2011 that 60% of middle school students say they have been bullied. Only 16% of staff believed that students had been bullied. They also say that over 160,000 stayed home from school to avoid bullying. 20% of high school students said they had thoughts of committing suicide in the past twelve months in 2011.
In my opinion, these numbers are too high. What can we do to stop bullying? There are numerous ways to prevent bullying.
Statistics show that over 50% of bullying decreased if the school had an anti-bully program running. If every school had an anti-bully program running, it might reduce the percentage of bullying. It would show the bullies how much they hurt the person who they were bullying.
It would also be more helpful if teachers kept an eye on students at all times. Many bullying cases occur on the playground or at passing time. Only 25% of bullied students said that teachers intervened a bullying incident; while 71% of teachers said they intervened a bullying incident.
Another way is to talk to the bully or stand up to them. Tell them how much it hurts when they call you names or physically hurt you. Try to help them understand bullying isn’t cool. Most likely, they bully just to impress their friends.
Tell a teacher or trusted adult. It’s one of the most commonly known ways to stop a bully from bullying you. Don’t worry; you won’t be a snitch or tattle-tale. Tattle-telling is when someone purposely tells on someone to get them in trouble. Just telling a teacher or trusted adult the situation is perfectly fine. It will help you in the long run.
Don’t just sit on the sidelines and watch bullying. Stand up for the bullying victim and let them know they won’t be alone.
Bullying is never, nor will it ever be, a tolerable matter. Together we can stand up to bullying and make it disappear. Poof!

Just a thought on bullying.

gayboy said...
on Nov. 12 2019 at 10:54 am
gayboy, Fortworth, Texas
@SergeantSteel82 is g a y

gayboy said...
on Nov. 12 2019 at 10:52 am
gayboy, Fortworth, Texas
yeah daddy harder

on Nov. 11 2019 at 12:20 pm
SergeantSteel82 SILVER, Fort Wayne, Indiana

one of the greatest tragedies of our time is this impression that has been created that science and religion have to be at war.
-Francis Collins

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity.
-1 Timothy 4:12, NIV Bible For Teen Guys

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
-Voltaire

Thankyou @joemama69420.

joemama69420 said...
on Nov. 11 2019 at 12:14 pm
joemama69420, Atlanta, Indiana
@SergeantSteel82 u r nice

joemama69420 said...
on Nov. 11 2019 at 12:13 pm
joemama69420, Atlanta, Indiana
jjhhvhgvhv

joemama69420 said...
on Nov. 11 2019 at 12:11 pm
joemama69420, Atlanta, Indiana
i liked this article too

joemama69420 said...
on Nov. 11 2019 at 12:10 pm
joemama69420, Atlanta, Indiana
helo guys

joemama69420 said...
on Nov. 11 2019 at 12:10 pm
joemama69420, Atlanta, Indiana
hbbbbbb

joemama69420 said...
on Nov. 11 2019 at 12:08 pm
joemama69420, Atlanta, Indiana
@sergeantsteel82 its @joemama69 but i have changed my account.

i will be nice to @gayboy

urbad said...
on Nov. 11 2019 at 12:07 pm
urbad, Atalanta, District Of Columbia
i think @Gayboy has prob quit by now.

urbad said...
on Nov. 11 2019 at 12:06 pm
urbad, Atalanta, District Of Columbia
@SergeantSteel82 i think hes raging had rn

on Nov. 8 2019 at 1:41 pm

-Francis Collins

-Voltaire

Hey guys, still be nice to @gayboy, even if he is being a jerk.

joemama69 said...
on Nov. 8 2019 at 12:35 pm
joemama69, Atlanta, Illinois
@gayboy ur bad kid. @urbad roasted you hard

urbad said...
on Nov. 8 2019 at 12:28 pm
urbad, Atalanta, District Of Columbia
@gayboy I was you for Halloween.. pretty scary right??

on Nov. 6 2019 at 11:21 am

-Francis Collins

-Voltaire

No thank you @gayboy.

gayboy said...
on Nov. 6 2019 at 11:00 am
gayboy, Fortworth, Texas
s u c k i t @SergeantSteel82

jd420651 said...
on Oct. 31 2019 at 10:19 am
jd420651, Winston, Georgia

" Always believe in yourself!"

I love this article

on Oct. 30 2019 at 10:37 am

-Francis Collins

-Voltaire

@gayboy

on Oct. 30 2019 at 10:37 am

-Francis Collins

-Voltaire

You do realize you are just making a fool of your self, and that if you keep saying stuff like that your account will be removed by the moderator, don't you?

gayboy said...
on Oct. 30 2019 at 10:21 am
gayboy, Fortworth, Texas
your mom is g a y e r than my dad. he is 10000 percent g a y