Young Love | Teen Ink

Young Love

By Sincerely,DiscreteEnvy SILVER, Jersey City, New Jersey
Sincerely,DiscreteEnvy SILVER, Jersey City, New Jersey

"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts. You'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love with them, and you"

I'm confused... why are people MY AGE looking for "love" now? at such a early stage in life why do they search for something that will most probably "tie them down". I guess it'll be great for a couple of months, or maybe years but right now we can't really do anything (legally), once we have the chance to drink, drive, and go clubbing I hope you'll still have your significant other but let’s be realistic here... would you rather go to a club knowing there is someone at home so you can’t do anything, or would you rather have the freedom to do whatever you want, hook up with whoever you want. Have the full ability to have fun.. and if you’re a jerk who has found and confessed your "love" for a person but still would let loose and go do something with anybody you find at a club or bar then why hurt you one "true love" heart... why do something you know would kill her inside... Maybe it wasn't such a smart thing togo find her or confessed now.. I know it's probably just me and everyone is living in the moment but like don't you think it's smart to think ahead of yourself sometimes..Don't you think falling "in love" right now is going to limit yourself to the many pleasures ahead life bring? ... Yes love being one of them but don't you think it's not such a good idea to settle down now & or go out searching for something you probably aren't mature enough to even handle! #Just.Sayiing