Cell Phones at School? Dumb Rule. | Teen Ink

Cell Phones at School? Dumb Rule.

May 6, 2019
By Anonymous

Generally, cell phones are frowned upon in school settings and for some good reasons too. Yes, they can cause distractions- which can lead to lowering of grades, impulsive behaviors, and even attitude problems. Cell phones seem to be at the beginning of a long list of grievances, but what some people don’t realize is that having cell phones in school can be a they are also being implemented in education in helpful, interactive ways. Besides that, by allowing cell phones in school, it will also save the school’s money.

 

Firstly, A 2010 Pew Research Center study found that 65 percent of cell-owning teens bring their phones to school despite any bans that may be in place.” Pew Research Center. Most schools now allow students to have cell phones but require them to be turned off during class because they can be disruptive and distracting. Cell Phones should be allowed in school because they serve as learning aid, it shows how responsible you are in handling phone and not using it for the wrong things during class, it offers a better atmosphere for learning, it can be used to monitor student and also as a reminder.

 

Secondly, students have smart cell phones which can use apps and they can also access the internet or type notes using these smart cell phones. The private business sector has invested millions of dollars in creating mobile learning applications, students can access digital libraries using technology or.  Library Apps, they can listen to audio books, they can learn how to spell using grammar APPS, they can learn Math using Math Apps……etc.

 

Modern technology is fun, and students love to have fun. Moreover, if we bring that exciting technology into the classroom than we can create a more relaxed and enjoyable environment for the students and the teachers. For instance, instead of taking notes in class the students can record a lecture so that they could replay it back while doing homework. In addition, if in science the students do a lab experiment then they can take a video of that lab and replay it for homework and further understanding. Furthermore, classes can download a school program onto their phones and the teachers can use it in the classroom. According to a Speak Up survey, 62 percent of parents report that if their child’s school allowed cell phones to be used in school they would probably purchase a cell phone for their child. As a result, the school would not have to worry about supplying the students with phones, and most students already have cell phones. This is only one great way that cell phones are beneficial. 


The author's comments:

phones can be a good thing ecpeshlely is school and at work