Ucla | Teen Ink

Ucla MAG

Los Angeles, CA: For all of you out there who want to go to school out West, but lack the money or time to check out the campus, I hope that I can be of some assistance. During the summer before my junior year, I traveled to California with my family to see the West Coast. I visited many different schools ranging from Stanford to UC-Santa Barbara. But the one which still sticks out in my mind is the University of California at Los Angeles. Everything about the campus impressed me from the warm climate to the picturesque scenery and the inviting atmosphere. The university is in a prime location, among the luxurious homes and sculpted gardens of Brentwood. Though a large school (with over 30,000 students), the campus is entirely self-contained. Everything is accessible and within walking distance. The size is not overwhelming. In fact I felt right at home among the varied academic and athletic complexes. The fact that the campus is situated in the heart of LA is superb - there's something for everyone.

Despite all of these redeeming qualities, what impressed me the most about this immense university was the school spirit I found while touring UCLA. I was fascinated by the tradition behind such elements as the Bruin Bear and Inverted Fountain. The general tone I felt from the tour guide was that it was a friendly, spirited type of place. I learned a lot from the attitude of the sstudents about what a great place UCLA is, both to learn and have fun. As far as I'm concerned, UCLA has everything - a beautiful campus, a friendly student body, excellent academics, first-rate athletics, and every social activity under the sun. For these reasons, it will stick in my mind as one of the top schools not only out West, but anywhere. f

Reviewed in 1997

i love this !

on Oct. 20 2011 at 10:57 am
estherhoran__ GOLD, Bell Gardens, California

Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hail to the Hills of West Wood!(:

guitargirl said...
Wow thanks for this article! I'm really interested in going to school out west and I've always thought UCLA was a good school but wanted to know more about it.