University of Georgia | Teen Ink

University of Georgia MAG

Athens, GA: The University of Georgia is surrounded by great Southern hospitality. It also has a beautiful landscape including loads of trees and greenery. In addition, the university has a modern look and feel. There are many new buildings constructed just for the student-athlete recruits.

This university has a perfect location. It is 45 minutes from the bustling and interesting city of Atlanta. It is also a short drive to the lovely vacationing state of Florida. Since it is Georgia, the weather is amazing! Imagine what it would feel like to wake up every day with a warm breeze sweeping through your hair. There is no stress of having to get up early to scrape the snow off your car because snow is a rare form of precipitation here. Although temperatures may reach unbearable highs, the dorms are air-conditioned.

The dorms, or should I say apartments, at the University of Georgia are spectacular. I was shocked to find this setup since I was expecting a one-room area. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised to step into an apartment-like setting. The dorms include a full kitchen with a regular-sized refrigerator, a stove, and loads of counter space. Also, the suites have a living room with a television and couches!

The most impressive aspect of the dorms is the fact that I would have my own perfect-sized bedroom. This is great since I like my privacy. There are four people in each dorm suite, with two people sharing one bathroom. This is also an added “plus” considering many colleges have one bathroom for many people.

When I visited, my two mentors took me out one night to show me the fun places around the university. It seems as though there is something for everyone - from excellent restaurants to wonderful bonding spots on campus. I felt as though I was already a Bulldog. I have never met friendlier people in my life. Everyone is eager to help and are very welcoming. No matter who you are, there will be someone at this college with open arms wanting to take you in.

While on my visit to the University of Georgia, I attended my first college football game. I was very impressed with the students’ pride. People did just about anything to support their fellow Bulldogs. Georgia T-shirts were sold out at every store, and several people held up “I need tickets” signs on the streets. It must be great to be a University of Georgia Bulldog!

For more information, visit www.uga.edu.

i love this !

I am a UGA alum and also think the school is fantastic! Just a couple of comments, however. About 95% of all freshman will be housed in the 40-yr high-rise dorms (Brumby, Russell, Creswell, Oglethorpe). All are older, smaller, and two-to-a-room. All except Oglethorpe have community bathrooms. Still, that's okay, and it's a great way to make friends! The new "apartment-like" dorms are on the east side of campus and for upper classmen and athletes. My other comment was about new buildings for athletes. That may be true, but some of the newest buildings, like the Tate Student Center (new addition), the Student Learning Center, and Ramsey athletic center are for all students, and they're great! UGA is a fantastic school!

bored said...
thans