Dear Colleges | Teen Ink

Dear Colleges

By 20hughsab2 BRONZE, Moline, Illinois
20hughsab2 BRONZE, Moline, Illinois
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Dear Colleges,

I know my grades are “average” and my athletics “non existent”. My mind not the “brightest” and my GPA not the “most appealing”. But there are reasons i would like to attend. I’m smart i’m artistic i'm devoted i’m independent and i'm older than i was then. Though upon reading my application you’ll probably just toss it in the trash.

I get it. You want an athletic nerd or a genius. You want someone who can ace all the classes or run laps around the football field. My grades are mostly C’s and the rare B. My SATs are not the best. And my 4.0 GPA is non existent

I could tell you why my grades are so substandard and my athletic life so blank i could tell you that my grandparents died and sent me into a deep depression like state. I could tell you that when i was 6 i was diagnosed with Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. Which cause me to miss days even weeks or months of school each year. Though you won’t care or even consider the fact.

You don’t care about dont care about my personal life or my pleads and begs. You care about perfect grades and athletes. You want the students that can make you look good or is trustworthy with studying and tests.
I am not a straight a or b student nor am i in the honor roll the swim team or the class valedictorian. I am a 15 year old girl who wants to get into a good college and make something with her life

So just because i don’t have the best grades or the most athletic past. Or the best SAT scores. Don’t turn a blind eye or throw my application in the trash with just one glance. Because i feel i can be a great addition to your school.

Because i am much more than an average grade low SAT score non athletic.
                    Sincerely,
                        The one that deserves a second chance

what colleges should know