The Best Way to Get From Point A to Point B | Teen Ink

The Best Way to Get From Point A to Point B

While one whizzes through the sky like a hawk, the other snakes through the labyrinth of tunnels in cities underbellies, two modes of transportation could not seam so different on first glance. Yet, they share more common characteristics than one would think. To judge these vastly different modes of transportation, three categories, comfort, cost, and speed, must be observed. Planes and metros have differences and similarities in the three categories of speed, comfort, and cost.

First off, comfort, the most important aspect, determines how much one will enjoy the ride. No one wants to be cramped or crammed into a tiny compartment during travel; they want to comfortably wait until they arrive at their destination. On planes, one receives an adequate portion of space except for possibly, one’s legs, which may become crowded by the seat in front of oneself. Cushioned, large seats with large head rests also add to the comfortable experience aboard a plane. Soft blankets and poofy pillows can also be provided by friendly stewardesses. Unlike planes, metros on the other hand boast of only plane seats and rails to hang onto during rush hour when all seats are occupied. One caught in a full car must stand during his or hers’ journey. The smoothness of the ride is another element of comfort that makes a hefty difference. It would not matter how nice the seats in a plane, if the ride itself tosses you about unmercifully, one would not enjoy the ride. When one rides on a plane, he or she will experience smooth flying except for the occasional period of turbulence in which the plane is tossed about like a toy in massive winds. Likewise a ride on a metro feels reasonably smooth besides the abrupt start and some sharp turns. In spite of these similarities, the plane’s comfort factor depends on the individual most of the time, many people catch plane sickness soon after the wheels leave the ground and other individuals are scared to death of flying. As a result, one experiences superior comfort on a plane unless he or she is terrified of flying; this superior comfort however comes at a cost.

Secondly, the factor of expense determines how much you can spend after getting to your definition. While both kinds of travel require a ticket of some sort, but that’s where the similarities abruptly end. Comparing the cost of a plane ticket to the cost of a metro pass is like comparing a hippo to a flea. A plane ticket costs from around eighty to hundreds of dollars. Unlike the plane ticket, a metro pass costs pocket change. Yet a metro pass can last you a few weeks while a plane ticket only lasts a few hours. Planes can cover a huge distance in a short time, but this speedy way to travel will cost one more. Contrarily, metros cover a short distance in a short time, therefore many people save money traveling this way. To wrap up, metros passes cost a fraction of what a plane ticket costs, but you get a fraction of the distance you get on a plane when you take a metro, their speed can also be compared.

Finally, the last deciding factor is speed. Compared to a planes speed, the metro moves at a crawl, it travels around the speed a car does. Dissimilarly planes zip through the air at speeds far into triple digits. However, as mentioned in the above paragraph, planes and metros travel extremely different distances. For instance, would one enjoy going four hundred miles per hour for a ten mile journey? The passenger would probably become sick on arrival. To review, planes and metros travel vastly different speeds, but they both travel the right speed in relation to the distance which they traverse.

In conclusion, planes and metros have many likenesses and dissimilarities. They both feature accommodating comfort. In the issues of speed and cost, they both differ greatly, yet the cost and speed for each matches the distance that either can navigate. Cost, speed, and comfort are three areas that define splendiferous transportation. Which do you prefer?