Buckley | Teen Ink

Buckley

A couple of years ago, I was dating this guy named Buckley Pride*. He was the love of my life, or so I thought. We did almost everything together. We were both in band and had basically the same friends. But somehow, we knew something was wrong, even from the beginning. We were the oddest of couples. I was an innocent girl and he had threaten three people. I was a freshman and he was a junior. He was actually an officer in the band whereas I was just another little fish. But somehow we got together, only after he was my bodyguard for one day because this other guy wouldn't leave me alone. No one really bothered me after I started dating him.
But as with all happy things, it came to an end. It was a sudden end. No one was really expecting the beginning and definitely not the end. I had already just broken up with another ex who basically abused and then have this guy who I thought really loved me break my heart again? I just couldn't take it much longer. I started cutting myself again. I was going into emotional shock. I even attempted to kill myself!
But then my mind cleared up for a minute. The best idea came to my mind! Why don't I just call Buckley? I did and he calmed me down instantly. Hearing his sweet voice over the phone. Knowing that he actually cared was the best feeling in the world. I'm glad I had him there for me that day. Otherwise I wouldn't be here today deciding on what I want to be when I grow up.
I am now more confident of myself, less demanding of others, and have learned not to really depend on other people as much as I used to. If I hadn't then, none of that would have happened and everything would different. But it did happen and I will never forget the day that my Buckley Pride saved my life.