College | Teen Ink

College

I want to go to colledge to become a pediatrition. I love kids and i feel if I become one i will make a difference in their lives. If a kid is sick or having problems It's my job to figure out a better solution to their problem. I feel that I should do something in my life that I will enjoy and like. I think by becoming a petiatrition it will be a great experience, and it will teach me a lot.

I've changed my colledge plans twice. At first I wanted to become a lawyer, because I thought that It would be fun and excitting to help people and defend them. Then I changed my mind because I've seen in movies or in T.V. that it takes lots and lots of work. I'm not saying that I'm not willing to work hard for it, because I do feel that good things in life do take time. I just feel by becoming one I'll always be working on a case and what if I want to go out with friends or do something fun. I also feel that once I'm studying to become one what if along the way somewhere I'll find it boring and think about what I've done and want to regret it. Then I just waisted my time for nothing.

After having second thoughts about being a lawyer I thought about becoming a teacher like my mom. Then I saw how many papers she brings home to grade then I think wow thats a lot of work. Also sometimes I hear how rude and disrespectful the kids are, and how they give the teachers attitude. That would be horrible. Then I realized I wouldn't want a job like that.

Lastly I thought about becoming a pediatrition. It's crossed my mind so many times because most of my female cousins wanted to do the same thing. When I heard I became interested and wanted to know what it was. When I found out it was then when I decided to become one. I had knew right then and there that I wanted to become a pediatrition. And today that is still my dream to go to colledge and make my dream of becomind a pediatrition come true. Of course I would have to go through high school and so on to do so, but I'm willing to do it. I'm willing to work really hard for it just like I said good things in life take time.

Melisa0308 said...
on Aug. 22 2008 at 12:40 am
....Hey girl... well i really like your essay... im really like the idea of you making something out of your life..... Im glade u got chosen out of many to have your own person though about college. Im glade your essay is going to be read by millions of people, Maybe ur essay could help other teenagers make their minds about what to become of their lifes.