A Journey | Teen Ink

A Journey

October 11, 2022
By _Jacelne_ BRONZE, Sacramento, California
_Jacelne_ BRONZE, Sacramento, California
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“You were born to be real, not to be perfect.” -unknown


As time passes, my mother always says, “Go to college and be a doctor, be this and that be something I am proud of”. But what if that's not what I want to do later on in life? Hi my name is Jacelne Lao, as time goes by the closer to the end of my youth and to my journey of adulthood. I guess I can say I'm a little scared of what's gonna happen to me later on. Many people may say you can control your own life and take power over it. How can I? When I've been told what to do my whole life. I am a journey who would like to move forward with my life by myself. 


I love my parents, but I am still trying to identify what I want  to do with life coming ahead of me. I feel like I'm still on a  leash that may have felt like my safe place my entire life. But the more you tug at it, the more you want to let go and run as far as you can.  I can see how the leash is slowly coming loose but when I'm this close to just being free, it becomes tight as possible again when it knows it has to let me go but it's too afraid to. 

 

Life can be very hard to understand as you are going through it. I am a human like everyone else. As I am going through my journey in life, it's hard to keep up on what's going on or what I need to do to succeed, even if it's visible to my own eyes. Making mistakes and learning from them can be very hard when you're trying to know what's happening to you and your own emotions. I hope one day I can understand what to do. 


But there has been one thing that has caught my attention that will affect my future in the best way possible: real estate. I've been thinking about it for a while now and I'm planning for it. It may be one of the hardest things I can reach. I've been thinking about putting all my commitment into that dream and goal. But still having my mental health on the line. It's finally been on the right path in a very long time.  


As I end this off, I have realized that I have to  let myself lead the way to the right path I should belong to even if it's not a clear vision from where I'm standing in life. I hope one day I can look back in the past and say I made it to where I'm supposed to be. 


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece to show how life can be for me.