Why I am intrested in the University Of Miami | Teen Ink

Why I am intrested in the University Of Miami

By AMANDASOFIA16 BRONZE, Miami, Florida
AMANDASOFIA16 BRONZE, Miami, Florida

Upon looking into colleges to attend, I researched The University of Miami and found no college that compares to it. I was immediately captivated by the beautiful scenery of the campus from the virtual tour I encountered while conducting my research on this school.  From what I could see, this university offers a variety of social and sporting events which I find fascinating. Three reasons why this college seems like the perfect fit for me are the great values they have, the law program, and the ways in which it can help me contribute to my community.

The University of Miami has very strong and established educational values that correspond with my values.  The institution believes in providing a diversified education to all its students, based on hard work using the latest research and technology available.  As a student, I value the resources that are available to students such as the counseling center and multicultural student affairs.  I value them because they support ethnically diverse students in their development which is something I feel strongly about. I believe that all people should be treated equally with the same amount of respect no matter how different they are, and this is something that this university highly values.

I want to pursue a degree in law at the University of Miami, which has one of the most respected law schools not just in Florida, but in the nation.  The law program here is widely recognized for participating in community outreach programs such as Legal Aid, which offers free law services to the community for individuals in the community who do not have the financial resources to hire a lawyer. In my freshman year of high school, I took a Speech class which strengthened my communication and debating skills.  I have strong writing skills which would make me an asset to this university. I have always had a talent for public speaking and getting my point across to people and I feel that pursing this career would be the best way to show all of these talents I have.  I have always enjoyed watching mock trials and have always imagined myself doing the same thing one day.

Upon graduating from the University of Miami with a degree in Law, I plan to go to work for the government as a federal prosecutor.  I love the law, and I want to use my knowledge and skills to make my community a better and safer place to live. I believe very strongly on always doing what is right and ethical, and through a career in law I can make an impact in my community and help others at the same time. I am very interested in helping the under deserved community here in Miami, and this school will give me the opportunity to be able to make a difference in people`s lives.  

I was captivated by the whole University of Miami campus virtual tour, but the part of the University that really impressed me was the law library.  The video of the law library was overwhelming in terms of the size and resources available there.  In the video, they show how serious the university takes academics making me want to be a part of that. Another thing that caught my attention was how the video showed how the library has certain areas where student groups can get together and have study groups.  From all the research and information that I have gathered from this university, there is no university I would rather attend than this one because of the great values they have, the law program, and the ways in which it can help me contribute to the community.

This is a piece of writing that tells about why The university Of Miami and why it is such a good college and the right college for me to attend.