Reality TV Bad For Society? | Teen Ink

Reality TV Bad For Society?

January 24, 2019
By Anonymous

We've become "as blind as a bat." We have become blind about what reality TV shows are doing to society. Reality TV is harmful to society because reality TV celebrates stupidity by mainstream media, people film outrageous things, and people around the world focus more on reality shows than heroes around the world.

Tom Green who wrote "Reality TV Rewarding Bad Behavior" reality TV shows celebrates stupidity by mainstream media. All reality TV shows show people doing stupid stuff, or saying crazy things. These directors only tell them to do this, they want more people to watch their shows. People are saying stupid stuff, and foolish things entertain people. Not only does this make this fun to view but it also affects us, this makes the audience do and say foolish things. The audience loves to see stupidity everywhere, which makes this worse. More stupid and silly things are, more people attend to watch these reality TV shows. This rewards terrible and foolish behavior.

Tom Green also states in his article "people film outrageous things." They film arguments and fights to make the show more exciting and entertaining. The audience loves to see people fight and argue for there fun. Even though they know the stuff on this show is fake they still like to look at fights and arguments. This makes the audience think that fights and arguments are fine, they think "if celebrities do it then its fine to do it." Fights and arguments make a corrupted society. These actions convince the audience to do these horrible actions. This is rewarding bad behavior for debates and bad discussions.

Tom Green also states in his article, "people around the world focus more on reality shows than heroes around the world." People around the world don't recognize the people who risk there lives to save people around the world. People instead watch some reality shows than go to heroes funerals. People don't care about firefighters, police, and military that is giving us freedom. We have become so cold-hearted where we just push heroes away and watch reality TV shows. Reality draws people to watch there show instead of focusing on real facts. People need to appreciate what other people are doing. This is rewarding bad behavior for not realizing reality.

Reality TV is harmful to society because reality TV shows celebrate stupidity by mainstream media, people film outrageous things, and people around the world focus more on reality shows than heroes around the globe. We have become blind about what reality TV shows are doing to society. Reality shows are like dark clouds blocking the sun which is society.


The author's comments:

I did this essay to show why Reality TV is harmful to society and how it is tearing up our community.