The Right School | Teen Ink

The Right School MAG

As the car moved down the highway, I looked out the window. I like it here, I thought. The trees were resilient that fall day, with brilliant brown, red and yellow leaves contrasting against the bright blue sky. The wind made the branches sway with a soft rustling sound. I opened the window a crack and the sweet smell of wood filled the car. I inhaled the cool air and thought Mmmm, it smells like autumn. It was the perfect day to discover destiny.

I looked up and saw a sign for Trinity College. My stomach started to flutter both from excitement and nervousness. I wanted this one to be perfect; this was going to be the one. I longed to end my search, to find my place, the place where I fit like the last piece in a jigsaw puzzle.

After following signs for the college for what seemed an eternity, we finally arrived at the iron gates. As we traveled onto the grounds, I could see that the gates were indicative of the college. The buildings that passed on my left and right were stately, with red bricks that seemed cemented together by their history. They were beautiful, and even my mom glanced from side to side in wonder. My eyes were wide as I tried to take in everything, trying to etch each detail in my mind so that I could refer to it later.

As I walked around campus and listened to the students speak about their experiences, I found parts of the school that I fell in love with. I also found flaws, though, and after the tour I returned to the car, discouraged. I will never find my perfect fit, I thought glumly.

On the ride home, I thought of all I had seen. I reflected on the beautiful buildings, the history of the school, and the programs that ignited my curiosity. And I realized that I had liked the school. But it wasn’t my perfect fit. And so, my search continues.

i love this !