Mrs. Aldensin | Teen Ink

Mrs. Aldensin

By gquinsey SILVER, Heatlend, Wisconsin
gquinsey SILVER, Heatlend, Wisconsin

Mrs. Aldensin 

By Grace Quinsey, Grade 11

It was my freshman year when I was only 14. I was going to arrowhead high school. I was intimidated and.scared I had no idea where to go and what to do. It was unfortunately the year that we all had to wear the mask and everything was even more complicated.

I was on my way to the LC (room 106 south campus) . I woke in and was greeted by this scary old lady named Mrs. Dolobic. She told me to sit down and write down my IEP teacher’s name.   which was a problem. I was not a good reader or writer because I was “dyslexic. It involves difficulty reading due to problems identifying speech sounds and learning how they relate to letters and words (decoding). Also called a reading disability, dyslexia results from individual differences in areas of the brain that process language.” I have struggled with it for years and no one really helped me find a way to become better as a reader and writer and as a person because they all thought I was stupid or slow.

But that all changed when I met my case manager Mrs. Aldensin she came over to .she was understanding and now there was so much more going on in my head. she now the I head vary deep thots and I can understand on a different level. She now that I understand things in a different way like she now just how to take to me it was life-changing to know that someone could help me in a way I understand.

Mrs. Aldensin Helped me with so much and prepared me for my junior and senior years and helped me be confident with my learning and overall good life skills to have.