Moonlight | Teen Ink

Moonlight

June 10, 2019
By Anonymous

Moonlight is an american age drama film written and directed by Barry Jenkins.

 In this film it persons 3 stages in the life of Terrell Youth to adolescence and early adult life .It explains the difficulties he faces with his sexuallity and idenity including emotional abuse he faces growing up. His mother being on  drugs and taking his money for a fix and kicking him out every time she has company getting jumped everyday because he's GAY. One day terrell went to the water with a friend (a guy) they talked for awhile but they ended up doing sexual things. The next day at school terrell friend was talking with a guy that had dreads terrell saw and walked the other way. Later that day at lunch terrell seen his friend again this time his friend was with the guy with the dreads. The guy with the dreads said hit him talking about terrell. Terrell friend had hit him soft but the guy with the dreads said hit him again that time it wasn't to soft it was harder. Terrells friend was trying to be nice and told him to stay on the floor. Terrell didn't listen so all the guys that was with terrell's friend and the guy with the dreads jumped him. A few days after the fight terrell sen the guy with dreads in class so he picked up a chair and hit the guy with dreads. Terrell got arrested and didn't get out of jail until he was a adult. When terrell got out of jail he was driving around when he got a phone call from an unknown number. The unknown number was Terrells friend from high school the friend he went to the water with.      


The author's comments:

its very judgemental