The Legend Of the Rising Hybrid | Teen Ink

The Legend Of the Rising Hybrid

By Nuskiya, Kuwait City, Other
Nuskiya, Kuwait City, Other

True success is defined by how one transforms their Passion into Paychecks.

“It was long, long ago when a girl was born to a rich family, The Tuckers. The girl was so beautiful and was very beautifully figured but she was never let out by her parents and once when she fell in love, her secret was revealed out to the world” announced our sir Mr. Jack. We had our daily classes in the morning as it was said in any one of these days a beautiful girl will be born as part of the curse by the Tucker’s family. “It was a long and boring story I believe” whispered Mike. “Okay so what are the plans for tonight?” I asked Mike and Hillary. “Well we’ll probably hold our torch and search for ghosts and souls” giggled Mike. Mike was actually a joker in our team as he keeps cracking jokes even in the most serious talks. It was soon 6 pm so we all got off to our homes except me, Mike and Hillary. We drove straight to the bar. It was the government’s order to the people to stay inside after 6 but we never do that believing these s*** stories and gossips. “Who wants to have a drink?” asked Mike with two bottles of beer in his hands. Hillary grabbed one and Mike drank one but I just had a cup of coffee. I was more eager to find out the whole story about the tuckers because there might be a reason that the present world got a curse from them and even the fortune teller did tell so. “Mike why don’t we go to the newspaper factory tomorrow by 6” I asked. “Why to find out news about the Tuckers?” he bravely smiled at me. “Well you know it well, so please?” I begged him and he agreed. Mike is the only one who has a car of his own so we’ll start our journey tomorrow straight after class. It was almost 10 when I was dropped home and for sure my mom was worried about me. “Mom, I’m home” I screamed aloud but I hope today she’s asleep. My mom believes in the stories as she was young when these happened but she would never tell me about it but instead warn me. It was no longer for the sunrise, it was 4 am. “Reese, wake up Bryan is here honey” I heard my mother knocking at my door. “Okay, Okay I’ll be there” I answered her. I didn’t like Bryan a lot because he only wants to get married to me as soon as possible but doesn’t bother about my situation. I went downstairs fresh and clean to have breakfast. “Hi, sweetie, give me a hug” came towards me Bryan. I just pushed him backwards and sat on a chair beside my mother. “Why are you so rude to him Reese?” My mother hit me on my head. However I never gave Bryan much concentration and had my breakfast. “So when are we getting married?” began his damn speech Bryan to my mother. “Never, in real life” I screamed at him and rushed outside with my bag as Mike horned outside in his car. “Looks like super hero is already here” Mike spoke aloud. “Well, he is and no one even bothers about him” I ended. “Bryan’s still planning on the marriage” asked me Hillary with a glare face. “What marriage, nonsense” Mike and Hillary were laughing to death speaking of Bryan. We reached the parking lot of the campus and that’s where I met Jed, the football captain in Bryan’s team. “Hi princess, why so dull?” asked Jed with a hideous smile. “It’s nothing to do with you” Mike answered and pulled me toward the doorway with him and Hillary. “Mike, why did you even do that?” I started arguing with him and he kept telling me Jed isn’t a nice person all the time but I knew he was and waited beside his locker to apologize. Jed, Bryan and Freddy were walking toward the locker; I soon walked away as I didn’t want to talk to Bryan. “Wait up my dear princess” I heard Jed calling out so loudly that everyone started looking at me. “Jed, I just wanted to apologize; I know your mood out but…” Jed held my hands. “No buts, but believe me if you weren’t present, Mike would’ve been in a coffin by now” he whispered into my ears and walked away with Freddy. Bryan still stood in front of me wanting to say something but I quietly walked away to my classroom. “Mr. Tucker had a bunch of enemies who named themselves as the Jacobs, to whom we people belong to” said Mr. Jake. “What if we belong to the Tuckers?” Mike cracked in the middle of the class. “Then you’ll have to hide from Queensland and find that girl who was born to kill the Jacobs” the sir told him in a gentle voice and the whole class began to laugh at him. Mike didn’t sound funny I thought as how do we clearly define ourselves belonging to the Jacobs was my doubt and what if we truly belong to the Tuckers. The class was finally over and the bell went off, I went toward Mr. Jake; “Sir, what is the dissimilarity between Jacobs and The Tuckers?” I asked politely. “Well, that’s a bit complicated but it’s true that a hybrid will be born, by now already grown as a part of the Tuckers kingdom to destroy the Jacobs” he explained and left the classroom. “Are you done with your question?” Mike held me from behind. “Yes, I’m” I kicked him and ran to the car. We went to the Open House Club today; what a s*** place I asked Mike. “It’s too late now” Mike and Hillary were dancing like some kind of Gypsies in the street; I moved out of the club and sat outside in a small bench. “What does a noble princess having to do in a street club?” a harsh voice behind me... ah! It was Jed, “Jed, you scared me to death” I pushed him back. “Didn’t you still stop following me?” “Following for what sake? I just came by to meet my friend” he pointed at a thin guy, wearing grey pants and was shirtless. I walked back inside but Jed pulled me towards him; “You will never be away from my eyes, princess” I pushed him behind and ran inside. Jed was once a friend of mine but being with Bryan he lost his mind and turned cruel towards everyone who’s nice to me and me too. “Mike, Hillary…” I screamed aloud but they weren’t there, they were invisible. “Boo!! Here we are” Hillary frightened me from behind; I was almost to cry and asked Mike to drop me home immediately. “Okay, don’t be so angry, we were just kidding” Mike asked me to calm down. I reached home somewhat more lately than yesterday. “Reese, how many times will I warn you not to go out late night?” My mom walked out of the kitchen hearing me walk in. “Mom, but….” “No more buts, what if you were to be killed first?” my mom uttered some nonsense. “What killed? And mom could you please explain to me the story about the Tucker and Jacobs, where do I belong to ha?” I raged and sat in the dining chair in front of the kitchen. My mom seemed very tired and went back into the kitchen. “Mom, sorry but I didn’t mean to…you know?” I apologized and kissed her on her forehead. “Reese, you’re the only one left for me and even if you don’t believe, it’s true that a girl will be born lately before 10 years to destroy each and every Jacob as a part of the curse. I warn you my child that you belong to the Jacobs so be careful” My mom explained holding on to my hands tightly. I didn’t want to ask her more questions so I just went upstairs to my room. I belonged to Jacobs, a girl would be born after 10 years and that means she is already born and she is 13 this year but what was the secret that led us to this curse. My mother was very afraid of this curse which made me think that she might know more about them; but what made her feel so afraid that she changes the topic when I go for it, was my doubt. It was 4 in the morning; I got downstairs to have breakfast after changing. “Mom, mom, are you there?” I went towards the kitchen but she wasn’t there. I wrote a notice on the fridge for her to see saying “Dear mom, I prepared tea and cake for breakfast and will be straight from campus, I promise”. Mike’s car was out so I rushed carrying my bad and a cup of tea myself. “Bonjour guys” I was shocked on seeing Tyler behind, “Oh hi Tyler” “Hi Reese, the noble princess” he spoke aloud. “Oh common don’t tell me your still in past” I turned to the window in spite of listening to his nonsense. “Since I was crowned as the prom princess and Jed as the prince, the whole campus is against me, why did I even go to the prom I wonder?” I was telling Hillary, sitting opposite to me. “Probably their jealous” she whispered puffing out towards Tyler. “Blah, Blah jealous” Tyler howled angrily. We reached at the campus, I, Hillary and Mike knocked at the classroom while Tyler just barged in. “Tyler, can’t you knock once before barging?” Mr. Jake bellowed at him. I, Mike and Hillary just went to our benches and had our seat. Today we had a simple test on Rebecca and today I had a question which asked what would be Rebecca’s descendant’s age. I didn’t know what the exact answer was but if I calculate 1990 plus 10, she would be born in 2000 and right now it was 2013 so she might be…13, I wrote 13 in my answer sheet and so did Mike and Hillary. We all submitted the answer sheets to Mr. Jake before 10 minutes to bell; “I hope 13, is correct” Mike whispered. “According to the archaeologists, 1980 the curse took place and Rebecca’s descendant was born after 10 years so now she would be the age you’ll young people are, she is 22” claimed Mr. Jake. “Sir, so she might be in a college by now” I said a loud. “Yes, that’s right Miss Reese, she is” Mr. Jake replied. “Can I speak to Reese? Please” Freddy was out at door. “Yes, you may. Please Miss Reese” Mr. Jake asked me to leave pointing at Freddy. “What’s the matter? Freddy” “Reese, I am throwing a party tomorrow midnight at 12, will you come?” he asked me. “Freddy, I’m sorry but I have to say a no” I walked back into the class. “His friends dumped him right?” Mike cracked and we all laughed. It was soon time so we all left outside to the football ground, where I met Jed and Freddy. “Reese…” Freddy about to say something but Jed quickly pulled him towards their restroom. “I wonder if he wanted to ask you out” Hillary told me with a wink. “Ha Ha, as if I’ll accept” I smacked at her back. “What so funny girls?” Mike held us both and we were playing basketball and having some beer. “Hi babe” Jed came along and sat beside me while Mike and Hillary were having a game. “Hi, Jed” I gently spoke out. “I wanted to know if you could come along with me to Freddy’s party” he slowly came to the point. “Jed is this some kind of plan? I already said no so please” I told him. Jed held my hands and gave me a ring… “Jed, are you kidding me?” but I knew he wasn’t. “Will you marry me?” he bowed at me with his hand asking for mine. “I was stunned so I just walked away without giving him any response. I didn’t even call out for Mike and Hillary but I was just waiting out in the parking lot. “Hey sweetie” I turned behind as quick as I heard the voice; It was Bryan “I have a name!” I screamed at Bryan and that’s when Mike and Hillary were walking towards the car. “Reese, re you pissing on us, you didn’t even call us or even take your bag with you” Mike gave me my bag and we all got into the car. “Sorry guys I was just…” I tried to explain but Mike interrupted; “Yeah just walk around” he was really angry this time but I knew no way I can explain them anything at this moment so I just kept quiet. I reached home exactly at 8. “Mom, I’m home early” I saw Mr. Larry sitting in the hall. “Hi Reese” he greeted. “Hi Reese, I prepared some Pizza” mom told me from the kitchen. I went and had a seat on the hall. “Hi, Mr. Larry, have you found the girl whose going to destroy us, I mean me?” I asked roughly. My mom’s face turned red as if I spoke out wrong and she looked at me sharply. “Mom is everything fine?” I asked. “Go to your room” she groaned at me. I went upstairs and changed, I sat on my research, and just then my mom barged in. “Reese, I want to show you something” she pulled me downstairs and made me sit on the dining table. “These are the photos of your dad” she handled them to me but what was that secret behind these pictures. “Mom, how could we define the dissimilarity between the Jacobs and the Tuckers?” I asked. “Reese, you belong to the Jacobs as your father was a tailor and he was a friend of Jacob who lately became the king” she asserted. “Mom but what happened that the King Tucker cursed us?” I asked holding her hands. My mother explained that King Tucker’s daughter was a hybrid and they let her out every night secretly to hunt for her food and one night my dad saw that and the police confined her. Knowing that the King’s offspring was a hybrid people disliked him to rule over and asked Jacob to rule over. Jacob was my dad’s friend and my dad was the one who revealed this secret then why wasn’t my father appointed as the king. However I went to bed. The next day morning I woke up early, took shower and left to campus in my mom’s car. Mike was annoyed by me so I didn’t want to do it anymore. I sat in the ground waiting for Hillary to come. “Hey, how are you doing?” Lisa came from behind and kissed me. “Hey, I missed you so much” I and Lisa were best friends in high school; we separated apart when I joined in Queensland and she in South Wales. “Where’s Mike?” Lisa asked eagerly. “Oh!! Mike is on the way I guess” I actually didn’t wanted to open Mike’s topic as I knew if Lisa knows Mike is engaged to Hillary she’ll be traumatized. Mike and Hillary walked towards me. “Mike…” Lisa went running to hug him. I rushed to Hillary; “Hi, Hillary” I greeted. “Hi and why didn’t you come with us?” she shouted at me and hugged me too. “I hope you didn’t miss me” I winked at her. While we were walking on the ground, I could feel that Mike’s having a great time with Lisa arguing about his engagement. Bell rang so we all rushed to our classes. Mr. Jake called out some names for detention and shockingly I was one of them. I was very shocked; “Sir, what did I even do?” I argued but he ignored me and sent me out along with Freddy, James and Sam. I went home instead of wasting my time outside. I went home and relaxed however I didn’t mind as only two more days were on and after that we will be having vacations. For two complete weeks I had no sign of my friends except Jed, who kept calling me and even came by to visit me but my mother never let him in. It was a bright day morning; a fortune teller was outside at our door. I opened and looked at her; she quickly went backward as if it was a worse fortune. “What was wrong?” I asked her but she was hesitating to open up. My mom rushed outside and called her in and that’s when she muttered some nonsense; “You are in danger! This house will be burnt by the upcoming hybrid….” “Shut up!” I screamed at her and shut the door. My mom started tearing and ran towards her room. “Mom, Mom…” I couldn’t react normally either as I knew in any of these days the truth will be revealed and a war would outburst. At about 5 pm, Mike and Hillary came by to meet me. “Hi, Good evening” Hillary seemed much alleviated in her words. “Hi guys, are you ok?” I asked towards Mike. Later then I realized Mike was getting married to Lisa. “Reese, Mike already promised to marry Lisa, so I asked him to do so and we will still remain friends” Hillary burbled. “Well, I really didn’t think Lisa will be back you know…” Mike was starting his old speech but soon I changed the topic and spoke about Rebecca’s descendent. “How did you know your father was Jacob’s friend?” Hillary was confused too. “And how could Jacob, be rewarded as the king when your dad revealed the secret?” Mike asked. “It’s all confusing and I don’t even know how to decipher this problem”. “It was Jed’s party, he threw a ball party; are you coming?” Hillary asked me. “Even if I want to, who should I dance with?” I howled at her for her madness. “Well, probably with Bryan, Freddy or Jed or even Tyler”. I wasn’t interested to go but there was no way I could get off my mind from the problems so I got the tickets to. It was soon 10 and I couldn’t believe who was out at my door, it was Jed. “Hi, will you give yourself a chance to be my dance partner?” he asked me with his cute smile. This time I hope I had the right choice as I didn’t have anyone else to and Jed was better than anyone too I thought. “Yes, I would hopefully” I gave my hand over his. Jed took me on his black big car; it was almost like a big wedding one. “So are you off to search the hybrid?” he came on with his speech. “Yes, and what did you do for summer?” I asked keenly. “Nothing much but was hoping for a date with the hybrid whose killing my heart” he winked. We reached the ball room entrance, so I took over the coat I was wearing on top of my ball gown. Jed was surprised and was looking at my arms with an open mouth. “Jed, are you ok?” I asked him as I could feel as if something was wrong. “No, No I’m fine, let’s join the dance” he pulled me towards the entrance. On entering I met, Lisa and Mike. “Oh hi guys” I went on to talk to them. “So, how’s marriage plans?” I asked looking at Lisa. “It’s great and what about you’re research” she stared at me angrily. Mike pulled her as soon as the music was on and they started to dance. I didn’t understand Lisa’s eyes but I and Jed soon started to dance too. It was quite fun and I especially had a lot of drinks. It was almost 12 so I had to go, Jed asked his personal driver to drive me back home. “Reese, are you sure you can go alone?” he asked me holding my hands. “Yes, sure and thanks for the great fun” I said him and left in the car. I went back home and greeted my mother. “Hi, Mom I’m back.” I looked inside the kitchen but it was empty. “I looked inside my mom’s room and realized she was in bed. I slowly moved inside my room and went to bed. It was 4 am when I got up. I was sitting outside at my swing with a cup of tea. Just then I felt like my right arm was bleeding, yes it was truly. I rushed back inside to the toilet and took off my t-shirt. There was a big wound on the top at my right arm, it looked like a knife scratch, or no it might be a half moon and a star below it. It was surprising to see such a shape as a wound, I ran towards my mother to show her my arm. “Mom, Mom look at this” I showed her. “Oh God, Reese it’s time for the war” she uttered. So this sign defines me as the Jacobs. I started to think about last night’s party and that’s why Jed was surprisingly looking into my arm. I didn’t say this to any of my friends till I find a perfect time so I just left it at the bottom of my head and went upstairs to clean my room. Today I had swimming practice so I head off to the campus straight at 5 pm. I met Lisa and Hillary there with some of my old school friends. “Hey girl” Lisa came towards me. “Hi, let’s have a race” I asked her to come to swim with me and so did she. We had 2 consecutive races, Lisa won the first and I won the second so it was a tie between us two. Lisa was very rude towards me these days and kept staring at me as if she wanted to kill me. It was almost 8 and it was time for the campus to close, Lisa was still swimming alone inside the pool while others started leaving one after the other. “Reese, I have to go, are you sure you can go home by yourself?” Hillary asked me packing her stuffs in her bag. “Yes Hillary, thanks” I told her to leave and started packing my stuffs too. Just then I noticed Lisa’s right arm, the same as mine she had a moon and a wolf standing below it. It was reddened and looked like a tattoo which is burned. It looked entirely different from mine so I didn’t go forward to ask Lisa anything about it but soon took off to home. “Mom, Mom I wanted to ask you something” I went inside the kitchen. My mom was sitting in the chair inside; her eyes were full of tears. “Reese, I want to tell you…” she started her speech. “No wait, what about a moon and a wolf standing below it?” I interrupted. “Oh!! Reese, who had that sign? Is it a girl or a boy?” mom came towards me holding my hands. “It’s a new friend of mine but tell me what does that sign stand for?” I asked her. “That means that friend is a hybrid, she is Rebecca’s descendant” My mom told me. I didn’t wait for another word but walked away from home. My mind was blocked on knowing Lisa’s secret. I started to think one by one, I was a Jacob and Lisa was Tucker; So Lisa was born to kill us, kill this generation. It all was incomplete and why would she want to kill us? What was this curse all about? Oh! So that was what my mother wanted to tell me and I interrupted. I rushed back into the house; “Mom, Mom” I screamed. I checked inside the kitchen, her bedroom and mine but my mother was nowhere. Where is she? I start to wonder, just then I heard a voice; “Reese, Reese I’m here” my mother screamed from the toilet. “Oh god you are here” I went toward her and asked her to explain the whole thing about the Jacobs and the Tuckers. “Mom, please tell me the truth” we were both sitting outside at our garden swing. “Reese, it all started in 1980 in Queensland. Your dad was Jacob, a well-known tailor of the town; as he was rich the King Tucker kept under-estimating him which later led your dad to reveal the secret of his beautiful daughter Rebecca. Rebecca was born on mid night just after 5 months of Queen Helena’s pregnancy and that was a complete question mark for the people. Since they never let their daughter out after 6, one day when your dad was selling clothes to a rich merchant, he saw Rebecca passing by a farm; following her he revealed that she was a hybrid as she was fiercely eating the fleshes of the sheep and tearing off herself too. Therefore it was revealed Rebecca was half human and half wolf which caused fear for the people about their children’s generation and forbid King Tucker’s family and asked your dad to rule over” she explained. “Oh! So you’re Late Queen Pauline and I?? How was I already named Dolores before my birth?” I asked doubtfully. “Reese, just after 2 weeks of your birth, your father expired but before that he assured your name to be Dolores and it was for only 7 years but later after the war in 1995, I changed it into Reese” she told me. So that was the truth, my dad was Jacob and that’s what made my mother fear a lot about me staying late night with friends, I thought for myself. “So, what about the curse” I asked finally. “Tucker warned your father that after 10 years a hybrid will be born to kill our kingdom which some believe is true and some don’t!” she told and walked away to the kitchen. I was horrified and confused on thinking how to explain this to my friends, especially Mike who is engaged to Lisa. Lisa is a hybrid, she is Rebecca’s descendant and she’s waiting to kill me. I called Mike on his phone but his phone asked to leave a message; “Mike, call me as soon as possible” I left a message for him and asked Hillary to come by the café next to my home. “Hey, what’s the matter?” Hillary sat next to me. I explained each and everything in detail and asked her to help me prevent Mike from Lisa. “Reese, are you sure about this story?” Hillary befuddled. I assured this was true. We both left to the swimming pool in our campus in order to keep a watch on Lisa. “Hey, why are you at the door? Come in” Lisa called upon me and Hillary. “Um, Hi Lisa how’re you doing?” I started my speech with full of fear in my words. “It’s all good and by the way don’t forget to attend our wedding next week, exact at 6 am.” She invited us. This was the most terrible moment of my life Mike my best friend, is engaged to a hybrid! Whom can I ask for help! I rushed to meet Mike. Hillary had to go to meet her uncle Frank. So she just gave me a ride and left. I knocked at Mike’s door more than twice but no one seemed to open. Just then I heard a small voice behind me; “They’re gone out” a small girl told me from the opposite of Mike’s domicile. I then left to the museum to look for Rebecca’s portrait. “Good afternoon sir, may I get in for a few researches?” I asked the security showing my badge which defines me as a student of Greenland Campus. I entered the museum and found Mrs. Kate, a worker in the museum. “Mrs. Larry, where can I get a portrait of Rebecca?” I whispered into her ears as we aren’t supposed to make noise inside. She was shocked and was looking at me with an open mouth then she pointed towards the second stall. At the second stall, I found books and papers which were extremely covered with dust on them; it looked like no one even went closer to that stall. “Mrs. Larry, do you believe in a hybrid war to occur in Queensland?” I asked her searching for Rebecca’s portrait in the meantime. “Honestly yes Reese but there is no evidence that proves Rebecca’s descendent will be born anyway” she told in a low voice and walked away back to her table. Just when I was opening the portrait book, Hillary called on my phone and asked me to catch up immediately at the southern police station. It was probably about Mike; I thought and rushed to that place leaving back the portrait book. “Hillary, is everything all right? Why are you having deep breath?” I asked her as soon as we met. “Mike’s gone” she puffed. “What? What happened to him?” my eyes started tearing. I start to think about Lisa, where is she now? Killing someone else or what could she be doing? “Reese, Lisa hanged Mike in his own room” Hillary claimed crying so hardly. I and Hillary signed for the cops and they announced Mike’s parents to come over to his funeral as they were out in Canada. We rushed to the swimming pool and found Lisa there, still swimming so calmly after committing a murder. “Lisa, if you want to cause a war face me first, why did you kill Mike?” I jumped in the water and pulled her out with her collars. “What? Mike, what happened to Mike?” she screamed innocently not knowing anything. “You are Rebecca’s descendant aren’t you? You want to kill me, Dolores right?” I asked her face to face still tearing. “No Reese, what are you talking about? I never met Mike for about half the month now” she told me in a low broken voice. “Reese, let’s get her, get her to the cops she murdered him” Hillary howled from behind. “No Hillary, first I want a proof which defines Lisa as Rebecca’s descendent. So let’s head over to the museum” I pulled her outside to the car. “No, No Reese, we have to go to Mike’s funeral; let’s change and attend it before 6” she asked me to come with her to the funeral so I headed over to her house. We changed and soon left to Mike’s funeral; Mike’s coffin was at the centre of the church and the father almost began his prayers. The thing which surprised me was that Mike was poked by a knife into his chest but not eaten by a wolf. “Hillary, do you think Lisa murdered Mike?” I asked doubtfully. “Yes Reese, then who else would do it? I mean who was against Mike?” she replied confusingly. We went towards Mike’s coffin and kept bouquets of flowers and returned home by 6. “Hillary come in let’s have dinner” I called her to join me and mom but she refused and went home. “Dolores is everything all right with your hybrid friend?” my mom asked me. “No mom, Mike died. He was hanged by someone” I told her and walked upstairs, but wait a minute; Hillary told me that he was hanged but the cops signed saying he was poked by a knife. I checked my bag for my cell phone but it wasn’t there, it was in Hillary’s car. “Mom, hand me your phone, common hurry” I rushed with the phone outside and asked a cabdriver to drop me at the swimming pool in my campus. I called on Hillary’s phone but it was out of service. I entered the school swimming pool and for my shock I almost sat on the floor. Blood surrounding the pool and fleshes everywhere and I could see a white towel down. I called on the cops and asked them to come immediately. The cops seemed very mystified on seeing two consecutive murders today and that to they didn’t find the body of the victim in the pool but only a towel. “Who could it be killed, so fiercely” asked me Mr. Diaz. “I really don’t understand sir, but I believe one of my friend, is a hybrid” I told him. Mr. Diaz was amazed and came closer to say something on my ear; “Reese, you’re Dolores, Jacob’s precious off spring right?” I was surprised and answer less but I still maintained to keep calm. “Yes sir, I’m Dolores” I answered gently. Mr. Diaz smiled at me and asked me to show the girl who is believed to be the Hybrid. Mr. Diaz asked the securities to investigate the body and we both headed to Lisa’s apartment. I knocked at the door; Lisa’s mom came out. “Hi, can we talk to Lisa?” I asked Mrs. Morgan to call Lisa outside but her mother kept staring at Mr. Diaz. “Well ma’am, he’s Mr. Diaz, police officer” I introduced him and just then Mr. Morgan came out. “Hi, may we help you as for the meantime Lisa is unavailable” he claimed to us. I knew he wasn’t lying from his look of bewilderment. “Ok, we’ll catch her tomorrow by 6” I told him and we came back to the swimming pool. Swimming pool is where we met Hillary, Tyler and Jed. As soon as I entered Jed came towards me asking if I was alright. “Hi, guys, did you hear about Mike’s death?” I asked towards them. “Yeah, and whose the other one who died in the swimming pool?” Tyler asked me. “We’re still in search of the person” Mr. Diaz said and walked outside. I and the others planned on staying at my home for this night except Hillary, she kept rejecting my invitations and went back home. Just when Hillary was out at my door about to leave I jumped at her; “Hillary, who told you Mike was hanged in his room?” I asked her. At first she was staring at me, sweating all over her face. “I just thought so” she replied and rushed in her car. “Hillary’s disappearing so fast these days” Jed told me. However I, mom, Tyler along with Jed had dinner together; it was 7 pm when Jed and Tyler were planning to go for a walk. I asked them to drop me by the museum as I remembered searching for Rebecca’s portrait. “Yes, we’ll come with you” Jed assured and went to the nearby garage asking to borrow a rent car. In the meantime I asked mom to sleep as I will be home late. “Dolores, it’s 25th of October, the same day of the curse” my mom warned me. I was waiting at the candy shop next to my home for Jed and Tyler but they were extremely late, it was 9:30. I started walking little by little to the museum; on my way I got into bus no 6, which will drop me at the south station, right behind the museum. It got dark and the streets became quiet as usual; only I and the driver were on the bus. Finally the bus stopped at the station and I started crossing the road to go to the museum. I reached the museum at 11, it was disappointingly closed. I was frustrated with Jed especially for wasting my time by making me wait. I turned behind to walk back to the station and wait for another bus; an old lady came beside me and informed me that there won’t be another bus till tomorrow 5. I was tired and just sat on the bench; I was thirsty and didn’t even have a bottle of water to drink. I only remember that I was at the bench but when I woke, I found myself lying on a white bed, I was wearing a plain white gown; I realized that I was in a hospital. A doctor came into my room; “Hi, Miss here’s the phone; ask one you’re relative to sign to discharge you” he handled me the phone and went back out. I didn’t understand what happened to me and I didn’t even know whom should I call to sign my papers of discharge. However I called Jed, his phone was off, Hillary asked me to leave her a message and finally my mom picked it. “Hello mom, come to the…..I don’t know but a hospital near to the south bus station” I told her and I could her panic and screaming asking the address. “Mom, Mom I’m ok, you just need to sign some papers” I concluded at the mean time the doctor walked in with an injection to give me. “Doctor, what happened to me and where am I?” I questioned. “Yes ma’am, you’re in the southern hospital, you were suffering dehydration” he answered and injected me. I was waiting and waiting for my friends but there wasn’t a minor sound of them which made me doubt that Lisa could have killed someone else too. My mom walked in and hugged me as soon as she saw me; “Dolores are you okay? I thought you were serious” she winded. “Mom, I’m okay; how’s everything out there?” I asked intensely. “Everything is upside down, they say there was a hybrid walking in the street yesterday in mid night and that’s why I was terrified on hearing you were in the hospital” she claimed. “Oh! Mom is Hillary okay?” I asked in fright. My mom didn’t hear anything from my friends but the only thing she knew was Lisa went missing since yesterday. How could Lisa go missing? Lisa is the hybrid; probably she’d be killing someone by now I thought. I got discharged after 2 hours and my mom drove me straight to the museum as I asked her to. The entrance of the museum was crowded with cops; “I hope everything inside is okay!” my mom puffed as we walked towards the entrance. I was looking for Mrs. Larry, museum porter; “Can I meet Mrs. Larry? I’m from the Greenland Campus” I showed my identity to the cop and he allowed me and mom inside. “Mrs. Larry is everything alright? Why are the cops here?” I asked eagerly as soon as I saw her cleaning the second stall. “Ah! Reese, last night someone broke into the museum and took away some documents from the second stall” she told me sadly. Who could it be? Was it Lisa or someone else broke in and took away the main documents that now I can’t even have a proof saying Lisa was the hybrid? However I and mom went back home; on my way back I got a call from Jed. “Jed, where have you been since yesterday?” I asked. He didn’t answer me but asked me to meet him in the campus hall. I rushed with my mom’s car; “Jed, Jed are you okay?” I asked looking at all his wounds in the head. “Reese…” he was about to say something as Hillary interrupted. “He crashed on someone yesterday” Hillary said in a low voice walking behind me. “Oh, Hillary I’ve been calling you too” I hugged her and we were sitting on the café in our campus. “So, tell me what happened last night?” I asked Jed. “Reese, when we were on our way, women with a horrible face was standing in the middle of the road. Tyler went on to give her a hand but it bit him and that’s all I remember and when I woke, I found myself in the southern hospital” he claimed to us. “Even I was there, I was dehydrated” I said. “But who could it be? Did you clearly see a woman?” Hillary asked him. “Yes, I did and it wasn’t Lisa” he conformed. So now I realized that the victim in the swimming pool was Lisa and that’s why she went missing since yesterday. “Then Lisa is dead” I told them and Hillary nodded her head. “Then who could it be? Who killed Mike, Lisa…?” Jed wailed. “And who broke into the museum last night?” I continued. “Where is Tyler?” Hillary asked Jed. “Tyler left the hospital early, he didn’t even tell me he’s cured” Jed complained. “We’ll meet him, let’s go to his apartment” I, Jed and Hillary took over in Jed’s car. On our way I called Tyler on his phone, but it was extremely out of service. “Where could he be if not in his home?” Hillary asked harshly. “What do you mean? So you know where he is?” I turned behind and she was pointing a knife towards Jed. “Keep driving as I say or you’re too dead” she whispered. Jed kept driving as Hillary said the route. We didn’t understand where we were, it was a dark cave with all nasty stuffs were lying. “Reese, Dolores, how could you be so proud to say you’re Jacob? When you destroyed our kingdom?” she groaned. “Hillary, I can explain this, just calm down and put the knife down” I tried confront her but she never gave me a chance; we got down into an old cave. Hillary asked Jed to tie me with along rope and so did he; “This is where my descendent died, do you remember?” Hillary hit me hardly on my face. Hillary made Jed sit in a chair and tied him too. I didn’t understand, what was she about to and just then Tyler walked in. “Hillary, here’s the files” Tyler handled some files to Hillary. “Tyler, so you’re with her?” Jed screamed. Hillary came towards me and showed me a paper from the documents; it was a drawn picture of her. So it was her, she was the hybrid, it was Rebecca’s portrait from the museum; “Tyler, you broke into the museum to steal these papers?” I asked Tyler as he smiled and came towards me with a gun. “Yes, it was me. What was the worst thing to help a Jacob? Especially Princess Dolores” He moaned. “So Hillary was Rebecca’s descendent and it was true that a hybrid will be born to kill me” I said looking into Hillary’s eyes slowly turning red. “She’s turning into wolf” Jed screamed and asked Tyler to free us; “Tyler common, free us or you’ll be the first to die” I begged him. Tyler seemed so shock as if he didn’t know anything and freed Jed and Jed untied me. “Is she Ok?” Tyler asked me. “No, she isn’t” I pulled him along with Jed. We all ran behind the cave as it was astounding to see Hillary, our dearest friend turn into a wild wolf. She remained human in the body but her face was terrible with hairs and the wild teeth. Hillary walked out of the cave and was looking for u probably but we rushed inside Jed’s car; “where’s the keys?” Jed whispered searching down, the keys were lost and we were stuck in the middle of nowhere with a wild hybrid. We were hiding and saving ourselves as much as we can but it was time that I face her, I thought for myself. “Jed and Tyler stay behind while I’ll try talking to her” I told them and walked forward with the gun Tyler had. “Hillary, I’m sorry for what happened in the past but right now let’s live with peace” I tried to talk to her politely. Hillary didn’t speak a word but jumped on me wildly and scratched my face. I pushed her behind hardly with my feet, just then I heard a firing. “Hillary, are you ok?” I saw Hillary was lying down, her eyes closed. She turned pale, still with that wolf face and human body. “Did you kill her?” I asked Jed. Hillary wasn’t moving and hardly was breathing; “You killed her!” I pushed Jed backwards, I was tearing too. Hillary died, Tyler, Jed and I returned with the body to the southern police station. On our way back, Hillary turned into a pure human but was still bleeding. “Mr. Diaz, here’s the hybrid” I showed him Hillary and walked away with Jed. “The crowd seemed surprised to see such a beautiful girl as a hybrid” Jed claimed to Mr. Diaz. “Yes my son and the crowd will be surprised more to know that a beautiful girl to be the princess Dolores” Mr. Diaz held my hands. Mr. Diaz appointed me as the first ruling princess in this generation as I bought peace to this city. Hillary’s body was soon burned and her memorial was in the middle of the church. I and Jed got wedded; Mike and Hillary, a part of my real friendship were gone for good while Tyler was appointed as my assistant. Lisa was soon found trapped in a cage behind Hillary’s cave. It was 8 years that we lived peacefully ruling over Queensland but soon we came to know a new hybrid was born…. After 20 years, threat came to the city and a new group went forward on searching the truth and a princess was born, Princess Heidi who was believed to the save the city’s next generation!