Home > Book (Nonfiction) > Memoir > My Life Upside Down

My Life Upside Down

Abigail S.
My Life Upside Down
Summary:

Everyday started the same, 100 crunches, get dressed, go to school, don’t eat. I felt comfort in a schedule and still do but at that time I couldn't think about anything but food and what I would do for my daily workout. My mind was full of darkness while I tried to fill myself with physical emptiness to make the darkness go away but it never worked. I was alone in my mind unable to think or concentrate on anything. Nothing else  seemed to madder to me but weight and perfection, not even my own life.
My mind on had thoughts of perfection, thoughts of food and exercise but mostly control. The truth of what I didn't know was I had no control at all.

This book has 8 comments. Post your own now!

passion_poet19 said...
Apr. 7, 2015 at 9:30 am
i really like this and i can relate to it.

GwennyBird17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow. I really hope things begin to get better for you. Brilliant idea and great work! Keep it up!

SilverInkThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 31, 2015 at 11:17 am
beautiful work...

Amai-kun This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 29, 2015 at 5:12 am
My main criticism is flow and grammar. I think you have a lot of emotion and an amazing story to tell, but you need to edit your writing to fix the errors.

love-abigail This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
the grammar was hard to correct and things like that because I was trying to write straight from what I had written in my journals.

AbigailGilgal said...
Well, I am not exactly sure where to start. I just really hope things have gotten better for you. I know how hard it is, when someone hurts you, you feel like you have to find a worse hurt to cover it up. when something happens and you have no control over it, you have to find something only YOU control. For you, you hurt through cutting and controlled your weight, just not the right way. If there is one point I am trying to make, it is that you are absolutely perfect the way you are. I do not k... (more »)

abby0 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 31, 2015 at 7:59 am
Things are a lot better for me and I was lost for a long time and am still getting out of it to this day. I wanted to share my story so that maybe anyone going through the same thing can see that they are not alone in the world the way i felt I was.

sabrina625 said...
Great story. Its really emotional and personal witch can be hard to write about. Showing the story through old journals was a interesting out look.