My Mandatory Sunset Picture | Teen Ink

My Mandatory Sunset Picture

By CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

This is a particularly nice sunset I took a picture of. It's the view from my house.

Similar images

This photo has 51 comments.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks so much! :)

Catch SILVER said...
Catch SILVER, Willow Springs, Missouri

Never ever give up! Don't listen to what people say they will just try to shove you in the dirt. Listen to your heart.

This Photo is amazing!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you very much! :)

Saphirra BRONZE, Auburn, Pennsylvania

“Falling is just like flying except there’s a more permanent destination.” -Some person on Tumblr

You take such amazing photos! :D

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

I'm glad my picture inspired you! :)

JustAnotherOwl SILVER, Unknown, New York

"See, we don't really care who you are;
Everyone is capable of looking up and wishing on a star.
So catch it, so contagious, this day-dreamer's disease,
And hope can be your sword, slaying darkness with belief."

"Sanctuary"- Paradise Fears

The colors are incredible in this! :) I love how the trees are black and suddenly there's color right above them. Wow, that didn't make any sense. Hmm...Now I feel compelled to write something with a sunset in it :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

That's why sunsets are so fascinating; there are never two that are the same. :)

MidnightFire PLATINUM, Lincoln, Illinois

'Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.'
for my sister: 'when life gives me lemons ... i eat them'
'do not be afraid, be faithful'
'God is not safe, but He's good'

wow, that is amazing :) I think its so cool how the sunset is so different each night

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you very much! :)

Love.Hate.Passion., Spring Valley, Illinois

~Hope. Faith. Love~
~Be proud of who you are.You are all unique in a different way.~
~I WILL NOT fade into oblivion , and become less than
a distant memory.~

This is a beautiful sunset .I love photography myself , and I know an amazing picture when I see one. The colors are vivid and beautiful , and it pairs itself so well with the darkness of the trees and field. Altogether , it's a fantastic photo!

on Aug. 3 2011 at 9:36 am
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you! :)

Mystiecub said...
on Aug. 3 2011 at 9:35 am
Man, I wish I could see something as lovely as that! :)...

on Aug. 3 2011 at 12:36 am
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you! :)

on Aug. 3 2011 at 12:24 am
Healing_Angel SILVER, Sydney, Other

Live for today, not for tomorrow

Beautiful! :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks!  I've taken a lot of sunset pictures, but this is my favourite. :)

DaylightDarkness SILVER, Littleton, Colorado

Everyone's crazy. You know why? We all want to be normal. Well, we cant define normal, and, the people you can point at and say, well isn't he/she normal are rare. Doesnt that kind of defeat the pupose of normal? -My Friend

I like that it's a red sunset. I don't know why, maybe because all the ones I see pictures of are pink, or oranage, or both- but this is really pretty. Im envious, and I get some pretty great sunsets. :D

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you! :)

Ha-5-rika SILVER, Visakapatnam, Other

Life is what your thoughts make it.
Happiness, success and the greatest of achievements are nothing if you don't have someone to share it with.
A life lived for others is a life worthwhile - Albert Einstein.

You are really lucky that you get to see such a wonderful sunset. I am not that lucky. Most of the day, I spend in college. It is dark when I am at home or outside college. But, I do have some amazing pics which I will try to post here, sooner or later. Amazing pic.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you so much!

Alexander_Lee, Winfield, Alabama

I don't view myself as outrageous - that's not the intention. It's to be more and more original
-Lady Gaga

This is so georgeous.