Garry’s Mod | Teen Ink

Garry’s Mod MAG

February 10, 2015
By Raul Gamboa BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Raul Gamboa BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Ever dreamed of a game where you can actually do anything? “Garry’s Mod” is a physics sandbox that, alone, has no goals or point. However, the game has millions of player-made modifications that you can add with the click of a button. Add-ons come in the forms of maps, items, ragdolls, player models, and much more. Want a gun that shoots explosive watermelons? There’s an add-on for that. Want to play as your Minecraft character? There’s an add-on for that. Want a gun that shoots Nyan Cats, complete with the signature song? Yup, there’s an add-on for that. Unlike other games, the possibilities really are endless.

When you get bored of playing around in the physics sandbox, you can get add-ons that change the genre of game. For example, you can change your game mode to Murder, where your goal is to eliminate everyone as the murderer or kill the murderer as the sheriff. Or maybe you would prefer a game of hide and seek or tag. If role-playing is your thing, then DarkRP is a giant game of roleplay where you can be whoever you wish. Or if you prefer parkour, you can play Death Run – a giant game of Wipeout where the obstacles are controlled by the other team. There are many more game modes than the ones that I have mentioned.

“Garry’s Mod” can be played online with friends or you can make new friends on servers. I have 345 hours clocked into this game, and it won’t be losing my interest anytime soon. “Garry’s Mod” is only $9.99 on Steam, and is definitely worth every penny.