Eye Toy: Kinetic | Teen Ink

Eye Toy: Kinetic

January 29, 2009
By Adam Gotlin GOLD, New City, New York
Adam Gotlin GOLD, New City, New York
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Sony's new Eye Toy: Kinetic video game could be the next break through for at-home fitness. Eye Toy: Kinetic transforms your PS2 into a home workout machine. You connect the Eye Toy camera into your PS2 and run through a cardio workout program with trainers Matt and Anna. This new game is entertaining, fun and greatest of all, a workout!


I am very interested in this article for many reasons. First of all, I love video games. I love to play video games with my free time and enjoy the adventure they present. Second, I'm very into fitness. Eye Toy: Kinetic is very appealing to me because my hobbies are playing sports and engaging in fitness. Last, I have previously done projects on teen-age and childhood obesity, and a some main causes are television/video games and a lack of exercise. This new game brings them both into one.

Eye Toy: Kinetic will have a big impact in the lives of kids and teenagers. Over one of every four kids is obese or overweight in this country. Sony's new video game will help these kids to have fun and burn calories at the same time. Many times, out of boredom, kids and teenagers will stay inside, watch television and eat potato chips. This fun and new game, Eye Toy: Kinetic, will help to end this problem with its fast paced and fun workouts. With the help of the game's personal trainers, Matt and Anna, people of all ages will be jumping, punching, skipping and grabbing their way to a new, slim life.