Twilight Soundtrack This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There was one thing besides the movie that die-hard Twilight fans were waiting for this November. On November 4th, the “Twilight” movie soundtrack was released.

To be honest, I felt a little embarrassed pre-ordering the CD. Didn't obsessed fans do that kind of stuff? Didn't teens who scream whenever they see a shiny silver Volvo do that stuff? Was I becoming a crazy Twi-hard?

The first song sets the mood for the album. I think Muse's “Supermassive Black Hole,” which played during the baseball scene, is the best song on the CD. The way its fast-paced rhythm matches the singer's slow but cool voice makes you want to play ball in the rain. Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean.

Then there is the band that I believe fits perfectly with the Twilight phenomenon. Paramore has always been a top contender for a spot on this album, and it's not surprising why: their music just screams teen angst. And their song, “Decode,” in my opinion, sets the tone for the entire movie.

I'll admit that the first time I listened to the album, I immediately skipped to track 10. My incentive for buying this CD was to hear Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen in the movie) sing “Never Think.” Since his catapult to stardom, some of his music has appeared on the Internet. So it was no surprise that he would lend his vocals to the soundtrack.

Pattinson's music has been compared to Jeff Buckley: bluesy with lots of groaning. But there is also a soft, subtle quality to his voice – completely swoon-worthy. Yes, I have a crush … leave me be!

Other artists on this album include the Black Ghosts, Iron & Wine, Linkin Park, and Blue Foundation. And of course, the soundtrack wouldn't be complete without “Bella's Lullaby.”

I believe the CD does justice to the book and movie. Though I wish it had more fast-paced songs, I truly enjoyed it.

BlackKittie said...
what is so anoying about the soundtrack is that it made a lot of less-known bands that people ignored really popular and now people who liked them in the first place have to put up with a bunch of posers who don't know any songs by the bands but their hit singles and what was on the twilight cd.i love the cd, but hate what it did to those bands.

allen053 replied...
Thank you for providing a grammatically correct response. 

BlackKittie replied...
any time....XD

A-contradiction said...
I love Muse. I hate Twilight. 

CassieSherman14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm not really a twilight fan but I have heard the soundtrack and I agree that it is very good... especially paramore's decode... that's my favorite song on the album. Great article

Withani said...
wow, that makes me feel all fuzzy to know that I'm not the only girl in the world that doesn't hate twilight or is completely obessesd with it but is willing to pre-order the soundtrack... I love most of the songs on the soundtrack, but my favorite is track 5, Spotlight, by Mutemath. I also think that Bella's Lullaby should be replaced by New Moon (the MEadow) from the New Moon Soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat.

AnnaEK said...
I'm not really a fan of The Twilight Saga, but I thought the soundtrack was great.  I don't like Robert Pattinson's songs, but Muse, Paramore, and Linkin Park are three of my favorite groups.

Valery5This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 11:53 am
I really like the sound track it has good songs

NikkiNak111 said...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 11:25 am
I don't like the movie but I love the Song Flightless Bird by Iron and Wine

BasketballChick5 said...
I really don't like Twilight at all......I read the first 5chapters of every book and was so bored nothing interesting.But i am glad some peopel liek and some don't and thats there opioion and I didn't liek the sound track adn your right Edward soes sound like hes singing thorugh adn m outh full of marshmillows!!!! And Bella doesn't really match up for the movie shes kinda weird, lame and Clingy!!!And Edward is not hot at all!!!Hes weird looking!!! But Jacob(TAYLOR) is so hot... (more »)

Annabelle7614 said...
I thought the books were okay and the movie STUNK but the soundtrack was horrible, just horrible. Robert Pattison sounds like he's singing through a mouth full of marshmallows and you can barely understand what he's saying. Definitely not my favorite kind of music. New Moon was awesome, except the motorcycle part and the part when Bella was depressed. Kristen Stewart shows nearly no emotion through the whole movie and speaks too softly. Rob Pattison is ugly and hairy, not the hot vampi... (more »)

Hollywog. replied...
Honestly?
The fact that you think RPattz and KStew are bad actors and ugly has nothing to to with the soundtrack.
If someone else likes them and appreciates them as good actors, good on them. You don't need to openly diss them.

Ejm1059 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! A year later and I'm still getting reviews! This was a fly by extra credit assignment! Who knew it would still be discussed :] Shamless promotion, but check out the piece I wrote about Interracial Relationships in the media: http ://teenink .com /hot_topics/pride_prejudice/article/174083/Interracial-Relationships-in-the-Media/ Thanks :]

readlikecrazy10 said...
Stephenie Meyer talked about muse a lot in the back of her books, so i asked my sister about it. She said "yeah, they're good," so i went searching for what song they sang in the movie. We bought supermassive black hole and uprising, i think. I also liked the Black Ghost's Full Moon and I've always been a Paramore fan, so it's kinda awesome to hear them sing like the whole Twilight plot in a song. you're right, good article!!!!!!

readlikecrazy10 replied...
forgot to mention Bella's lullaby. THAT SONG IS SO AWESOME!!!!!! i've been learning it on the piano, and i'm like obsessed with it. whenever i get home from school, the first thing i do is play the beginning of the song.

Vexa_Rave said...
I'm not a big fan of the movie or book anymore, but I really liked the soundtrack. Paramore's one of ny favorite bands, and I also really liked the Linkin Park, Muse, Collective Soul, Mutemath, and The Black Ghosts songs. The others were okay-I found them kinda boring. The only one I really hated was that Perry Farrell song. Made mr wanna shoot something. In general, though, I thought it was really good. Could've been a little better, but still good. :)

Vexa_Rave replied...
Sorry for the misspellings. I'm just getting used to using an iPod Touch. :)

readlikecrazy10 replied...
tottaly agree with u about Paramore. we have all of riot, pressure and emergency from all we know is falling, decode from the Twilight soundtrack, and ignorance from brand new eyes. They rock!!!!

Winged_Melody25 said...
Ok. I am split on the whole issuse of twilight. I was one of the first poeple to read it before it was all the rage. I loved them. Then when the movie came out I was excited to see. I did and I didn't really like it. The chareters are very flat in the movie and continue to stay that way into the New Moon. And now sadly, I'm starting to really not like both the books or the movies cause on the over barring Fangirls (and some fanboys). They freak when ever the see or hear Edward or Jacob... (more »)

Annabelle7614 replied...
LOL, I totally agree. There are TEACHERS at my school with cardboard cutouts of Jacob Black in their classrooms. It's not easy to concentrate on direct variation with a werewolf staring you down.

JoPepper replied...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 9:09 am
I had an English teacher who had  an Eclipse poster. I couldn't stop staring at Edward. I think the best character in all the movies is Alice!!! Bella is a little robot-like.