Twilight Soundtrack | Teen Ink

Twilight Soundtrack MAG

By Ejm1059 BRONZE, Wexford, Pennsylvania
Ejm1059 BRONZE, Wexford, Pennsylvania

There was one thing besides the movie that die-hard Twilight fans were waiting for this November. On November 4th, the “Twilight” movie soundtrack was released.

To be honest, I felt a little embarrassed pre-ordering the CD. Didn't obsessed fans do that kind of stuff? Didn't teens who scream whenever they see a shiny silver Volvo do that stuff? Was I becoming a crazy Twi-hard?

The first song sets the mood for the album. I think Muse's “Supermassive Black Hole,” which played during the baseball scene, is the best song on the CD. The way its fast-paced rhythm matches the singer's slow but cool voice makes you want to play ball in the rain. Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean.

Then there is the band that I believe fits perfectly with the Twilight phenomenon. Paramore has always been a top contender for a spot on this album, and it's not surprising why: their music just screams teen angst. And their song, “Decode,” in my opinion, sets the tone for the entire movie.

I'll admit that the first time I listened to the album, I immediately skipped to track 10. My incentive for buying this CD was to hear Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen in the movie) sing “Never Think.” Since his catapult to stardom, some of his music has appeared on the Internet. So it was no surprise that he would lend his vocals to the soundtrack.

Pattinson's music has been compared to Jeff Buckley: bluesy with lots of groaning. But there is also a soft, subtle quality to his voice – completely swoon-worthy. Yes, I have a crush … leave me be!

Other artists on this album include the Black Ghosts, Iron & Wine, Linkin Park, and Blue Foundation. And of course, the soundtrack wouldn't be complete without “Bella's Lullaby.”

I believe the CD does justice to the book and movie. Though I wish it had more fast-paced songs, I truly enjoyed it.

on Mar. 3 2021 at 10:00 am
Germanican BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
test Teen Ink

true said...
right who do yall think who is better

true said...
force that is really

tha brat said...
on Apr. 20 2012 at 10:02 am
wow do i got to till that happens for what the kissing thing

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

The only freaky thing about the comment I'm replying to is that I just tried this and it doesn't work!

RaNdOmPeRsOn said...

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS. YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST FRIDAY BY THE ONE YOU LOVE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS SO DON'T STOP.

THIS IS REALLY FREAKY!!!

1)say your name 10 times

2)say your mom's name 5 times

3)say your crush's name 3 times

4)paste this on 4 other posts. if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest friday. if you don't do this after reading this you will get bad luck

send this to 4 other post in 143 minutes when done press F6 and the name of your crush will appear on the screen in big letters

luna_lumos said...
I didn't care for the Twilight movie, but the soundtrack was simply amazing!

on Sep. 19 2011 at 2:53 am
AyeshaMuzaffar BRONZE, Lahore, Other

Check out my work if you love or hate Twilight:

It's called Potterlight. I worked really hard on it.

by the way, great article.

half.note said...
on Sep. 19 2011 at 12:24 am
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta

I agree.  I don't have a problem with people liking Twilight but I don't enjoy it myself.  Muse is awesome.  I bought four of their albums this summer.

I liked this review, too, even though I don't watch Twilight.

your.one said...
on Sep. 9 2011 at 11:57 am
i love the soundtrack my favorite song is flightless bird!

snowybutterfly DIAMOND, Fremont, California

Gold teeth, Grey Goose, tripping in the bathroom, blood stains, ball gowns, trashing the hotel room, we don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams --Lorde

I found the soundtrack last July at a yard sale, and it took all I had not to run around screaming (and no, I am NOT obsessed). My reaction was almost the same when I heard "Never Think" for the first time. Awesome review!!

-Duckie- GOLD said...
-Duckie- GOLD, West Fargo, North Dakota

Your heart is a weapon the size of your fist. Keep fighting. Keep loving.
-Anonymous

AGREED! the Twilight soundtrack is one of the few overlaps in mine and my Mom's music preferences. I'm currently workign on learning Bella's Lullaby. And I have a little crush on Edward too... and if anybody has a problem with that they can take that problem elsewhere.

4everyoung15 BRONZE, Moreno Valley, California

"When life knocks you down on your knees, just remember you are in the perfect position for praying"- Unknown

i have to say even if i don't like twilight that the soundtrack fit the story, and don't worry you'll get over the Edward thing is you

sierra_ann_97 SILVER, Delaware, Ohio

stop to smell the roses

i really thought decode was the best song on the soundtrack

on May. 30 2011 at 10:58 am
sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
all the bands u all mentioned are my fav bands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

on May. 30 2011 at 10:57 am
sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
me too loved bella's lullaby

steal-your-blood SILVER, Silver Spring, Maryland
I love I Caught Myself. (i don't like twilight at all. in fact, i even got rid of the twilight cover art when i downloaded I Caught Myself to my itunes) I'm sad that Paramore was used for the soundtrack, though. Paramore is just too awesome to be associated with twilight.  

on Apr. 27 2011 at 11:50 am
BridgetND BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana
i love this CD! Paramore and Muse are amazing!

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

i luv linkin park toooooooooo!!!!!!!!! they're awesomness:D

JoPepper said...

Linkin Park are awesome to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D