Twilight Soundtrack This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There was one thing besides the movie that die-hard Twilight fans were waiting for this November. On November 4th, the “Twilight” movie soundtrack was released.

To be honest, I felt a little embarrassed pre-ordering the CD. Didn't obsessed fans do that kind of stuff? Didn't teens who scream whenever they see a shiny silver Volvo do that stuff? Was I becoming a crazy Twi-hard?

The first song sets the mood for the album. I think Muse's “Supermassive Black Hole,” which played during the baseball scene, is the best song on the CD. The way its fast-paced rhythm matches the singer's slow but cool voice makes you want to play ball in the rain. Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean.

Then there is the band that I believe fits perfectly with the Twilight phenomenon. Paramore has always been a top contender for a spot on this album, and it's not surprising why: their music just screams teen angst. And their song, “Decode,” in my opinion, sets the tone for the entire movie.

I'll admit that the first time I listened to the album, I immediately skipped to track 10. My incentive for buying this CD was to hear Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen in the movie) sing “Never Think.” Since his catapult to stardom, some of his music has appeared on the Internet. So it was no surprise that he would lend his vocals to the soundtrack.

Pattinson's music has been compared to Jeff Buckley: bluesy with lots of groaning. But there is also a soft, subtle quality to his voice – completely swoon-worthy. Yes, I have a crush … leave me be!

Other artists on this album include the Black Ghosts, Iron & Wine, Linkin Park, and Blue Foundation. And of course, the soundtrack wouldn't be complete without “Bella's Lullaby.”

I believe the CD does justice to the book and movie. Though I wish it had more fast-paced songs, I truly enjoyed it.

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 9:01 am:
Paramore and Muse are my favorite bands!!!!! ;)

sunshine04 replied...
May 30, 2011 at 10:58 am :
all the bands u all mentioned are my fav bands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Apr. 16, 2011 at 8:58 am:
I have the alblum too. But I didn't really care for Robert Pattinson's song. But I looove Robert Pattinson! (Team Edward) :D

CarolinaBoy23 said...
I agree with you on super massive black hole. I reallllyyyy like muse. But my favorite on the album was leave out all the rest by linkin park. They are definately the best band on the album.

sierra_ann_97 replied...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:45 pm :
i really thought decode was the best song on the soundtrack

little-miss-mistakes said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 11:26 am:
I REALLY like your review, i disagree, but its relly well written and has personallity. good job. i didnt love most the album, but i agree with you on the paramore and muse songs!!!

seriouswritersblock said...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 12:57 pm:
I personally think everything except Robert Pattinson's songs, was awesome.  He just slurs too much in his songs and he is very nasal

awesome13 said...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:52 am:
well i like the movies and the cd but i have not seen eclipse yet but it seems like a good movie

EmilyClark This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I liked your review a lot because I felt you put some of your personality into it. It was very honest. Unfortunately, I do not agree with you about the CD though. I didn't really enjoy it. Great job though! Can't wait to read more.  

monkeyfaceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

I decided after about the 2nd book and about half way through that i knew that bella was totally gong to take edward

but i felt really bad for jacob

i like jacob better anyways

whats really funny though was everybody waas like omg its edward we love edward sooooo much then in the 2nd movie when jacob ripped off his shirt everybody was like heck with edward

OMG JACOB!!!!

but i will admit that i think that taylor lautner is really hot and he is my hero

... (more »)

TheJust This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 9:57 am :
Um, this isn't a chat room for Twilight. You didn't even mention the review. 

monkeyfaceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 8:42 pm :

so...doesnt mean tht i cant talk about it

i have the right to talk about whatever i want

but a u wish..i love the report it was simple and very well-writen 

im no the kind of person that likes to fight or argue tho...especially online its immature and childish very chilidish so lets not start any rudeness or anything im just standing up for my free right to do and say ht ever i want to and im not hurting anybodys or thier feelings im a nice caring person and i would ... (more »)

rk159 said...
Sept. 29, 2010 at 9:51 am:
i love twilight. Decode and Leave out all the rest are great songs. they made the movie wourth watching.

BARBARO replied...
Nov. 18, 2010 at 9:40 am :

NOT ME

yomomma said...
Sept. 29, 2010 at 9:49 am:
this cd movie and book all suck xD

Oct. 14, 2010 at 11:36 pm :

thats really mean immature and innapropiate

writer24/7/365 said...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 5:29 pm:
I loved the soundtrack! This is a great review!

Aubrey R. said...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 5:25 pm:

i loved ur review! you had that casual way of writing, and u didn't just say, 'its good,' u explained urself. i read the reviews on teenink often, b/c i write movie and music reviews for my school newspaper, and this has been one of the best yet!

on top of it, i absolutely love the CD! paramore is my favorite band (as u can tell from my profile picture) and i love twilight! :)

5*s! :)

aub13zzz replied...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 5:27 pm :
i guess u couldn't c it lol... but ya i <3 paramore!

Shayla-Happy said...
May 23, 2010 at 11:44 am:
I also think Decode and Supermassive Black Hole are great songs Loove them, Twilight and Taylor Lautner

BlackKittie said...
May 19, 2010 at 7:06 pm:
what is so anoying about the soundtrack is that it made a lot of less-known bands that people ignored really popular and now people who liked them in the first place have to put up with a bunch of posers who don't know any songs by the bands but their hit singles and what was on the twilight cd.i love the cd, but hate what it did to those bands.