Twilight Soundtrack This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There was one thing besides the movie that die-hard Twilight fans were waiting for this November. On November 4th, the “Twilight” movie soundtrack was released.

To be honest, I felt a little embarrassed pre-ordering the CD. Didn't obsessed fans do that kind of stuff? Didn't teens who scream whenever they see a shiny silver Volvo do that stuff? Was I becoming a crazy Twi-hard?

The first song sets the mood for the album. I think Muse's “Supermassive Black Hole,” which played during the baseball scene, is the best song on the CD. The way its fast-paced rhythm matches the singer's slow but cool voice makes you want to play ball in the rain. Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean.

Then there is the band that I believe fits perfectly with the Twilight phenomenon. Paramore has always been a top contender for a spot on this album, and it's not surprising why: their music just screams teen angst. And their song, “Decode,” in my opinion, sets the tone for the entire movie.

I'll admit that the first time I listened to the album, I immediately skipped to track 10. My incentive for buying this CD was to hear Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen in the movie) sing “Never Think.” Since his catapult to stardom, some of his music has appeared on the Internet. So it was no surprise that he would lend his vocals to the soundtrack.

Pattinson's music has been compared to Jeff Buckley: bluesy with lots of groaning. But there is also a soft, subtle quality to his voice – completely swoon-worthy. Yes, I have a crush … leave me be!

Other artists on this album include the Black Ghosts, Iron & Wine, Linkin Park, and Blue Foundation. And of course, the soundtrack wouldn't be complete without “Bella's Lullaby.”

I believe the CD does justice to the book and movie. Though I wish it had more fast-paced songs, I truly enjoyed it.

true said...
right who do yall think who is better

true said...
force that is really

tha brat said...
Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:02 am:
wow do i got to till that happens for what the kissing thing

RaNdOmPeRsOn said...

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS. YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST FRIDAY BY THE ONE YOU LOVE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS SO DON'T STOP.

THIS IS REALLY FREAKY!!!

1)say your name 10 times

2)say your mom's name 5 times

3)say your crush's name 3 times

4)paste this on 4 other posts. if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest friday. if you don't do this after reading this you will get bad luck

send this to 4 other post in 143 minutes when done pre... (more »)

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 6:50 pm :
The only freaky thing about the comment I'm replying to is that I just tried this and it doesn't work!

luna_lumos said...
I didn't care for the Twilight movie, but the soundtrack was simply amazing!

ayeshamuzaffar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 19, 2011 at 2:53 am:

Check out my work if you love or hate Twilight:

It's called Potterlight. I worked really hard on it.

by the way, great article.

half.noteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 19, 2011 at 12:24 am:

I agree.  I don't have a problem with people liking Twilight but I don't enjoy it myself.  Muse is awesome.  I bought four of their albums this summer.

I liked this review, too, even though I don't watch Twilight.

your.one said...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 11:57 am:
i love the soundtrack my favorite song is flightless bird!

Margarita M. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I found the soundtrack last July at a yard sale, and it took all I had not to run around screaming (and no, I am NOT obsessed). My reaction was almost the same when I heard "Never Think" for the first time. Awesome review!!

she-is-a-strange-duck said...
AGREED! the Twilight soundtrack is one of the few overlaps in mine and my Mom's music preferences. I'm currently workign on learning Bella's Lullaby. And I have a little crush on Edward too... and if anybody has a problem with that they can take that problem elsewhere.

4everyoung15 said...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:08 pm:
i have to say even if i don't like twilight that the soundtrack fit the story, and don't worry you'll get over the Edward thing is you

sunshine04 said...
May 30, 2011 at 10:57 am:
me too loved bella's lullaby

JaneDoe said...
May 14, 2011 at 2:56 pm:
I love I Caught Myself. (i don't like twilight at all. in fact, i even got rid of the twilight cover art when i downloaded I Caught Myself to my itunes) I'm sad that Paramore was used for the soundtrack, though. Paramore is just too awesome to be associated with twilight.  

bridgey said...
Apr. 27, 2011 at 11:50 am:
i love this CD! Paramore and Muse are amazing!

StrictlyWorse said...
It annoys me how the Iron and Wine song, American Mouth, had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with any themes in the movie at all. It's like when Ronald Regan used Born In The U.S.A as his campaign song.

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 9:01 am:
Paramore and Muse are my favorite bands!!!!! ;)

DownNDirtyCountryGirl replied...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 12:54 pm :
I totally agree except add Linkin Park and there u have my fav bands

JoPepper replied...
Apr. 21, 2011 at 4:17 pm :

Linkin Park are awesome to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Apr. 21, 2011 at 4:24 pm :
i luv linkin park toooooooooo!!!!!!!!! they're awesomness:D